Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.2 res-dependent inventory lag bug
waRhawK Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago 1.2 res-dependent inventory lag bug

Hi,

i got a strange bug and since i played the game without any problems for a while i think this one comes with the 1.2 update.

What happens:
The game is running fine at high fps for a while, but on certain circumstances and further play time on some point it immediately turns laggy and hangs and the only way to get i back to normal is full quitting and restarting the game.

So, even the main menu will be laggy then when it was smooth before!

I checked the troubleshooting thread but nothing matched.
I tried all graphic settings from very low to very high, nothing helps.
I read about savegame structural changes so i started a new game, same bug.

I then recognized how to easily reproduce the bug: just open the inventory. on normal operation, it immediately opens and closes smooth without any impact. on buggy operation, there is a full freeze between pressing tab (running smooth before!) and the inventory shown of 1-2 seconds. as the inventory itsself is still running smooth, everything is laggy after closing it. this is unplayable.

due to recording this bug via fraps i reduced the resolution to 800x600 and tried to reproduce... whoaa inventory opens fine thousand times! i was happy and raised the resolution... 1024... fine.... 1152... fine.... 1280... LAG... 1600... LAG

So as i have a 1600x1200 native 4:3 screen this was my resolution from beginning. i now play at 1152x864 as this is the highest bugfree resolution for me, but i would be fine to switch to maximum back again.

I am running Windows 7 64-Bit SP1 all patches on a Core i7 1.6Ghz and GTX 260M on an ASUS G60J machine (notebook).

I may upload my fraps recorded videos if wanted elsewhere...

Thank you.
05-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: 1.2 res-dependent inventory lag bug

Do you have up-to-date graphic drivers?

05-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Find
waRhawK Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: 1.2 res-dependent inventory lag bug

Installed: 266.58
Available: 270.61

I will give it a try...

-EDIT-

wuah! can't belive it! solved! tried again: solved! restarted my hungry background apps... still solved! crazy shit!

may there be a possible chance that the system restart solved it after approx. 2 month of heavy hibernation usage... ? or drivers? hmm... 2 stupid that i am not even come on it.. graphic drivers.. lol. business as usual.

thank you!
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2011, 02:13 AM by waRhawK.)
05-23-2011, 01:43 AM
Find