Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 4.14 Average
Hermoor's monsters
Hermoor Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Hermoor's monsters

Ok here is a quick doodle I did inside blender. Anything you want me to add to the texture or change? When the doodling in blender is done it's time to go into photoshop and improve it as much as possible.
[Image: creepye.png]
08-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

It looks fantastic. Something else, the feet seem to be joined? I think there are no toes.
08-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

I'll remake the doodle and perhaps I could add some geometry to the feet. But I think maybe texture will be enough? I don't think the player will look a lot on the monsters feet anyway.
08-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(08-12-2011, 08:34 PM)Hermoor Wrote: I'll remake the doodle and perhaps I could add some geometry to the feet. But I think maybe texture will be enough? I don't think the player will look a lot on the monsters feet anyway.

I don't think player will look at it at all.
NOPE
run away.

08-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Website Find
Hermoor Offline

He wants to castrate you too Wink Feel his pain...you don't deserve that penis Smile Kinda like Jigsaw in the saw, you don't deserve to live if you don't appreciate life. The guy above don't think you deserve a penis if you don't appreciate it xD
08-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

HA-HA-HA, yes Tan - you do not deserve the penis! SmileSmileSmile
08-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

I appreciate it Shy

08-12-2011, 09:09 PM
Website Find
Hermoor Offline

Ok here is a new screenshot, it's not finished! But I think this is the final doodle inside blender. Now comes the hard part, making it look better. Of course you have to smooth out the seams and maybe define the muscles a little bit better. Add some noise or some kind of skin texture over the shading.

But other than that I'm not so sure. Of course a normal map and spec map is needed. But sadly I'm not so good at making these. Anyway pluto you said you had some texture already in mind. Maybe now is the time to put parts of that texture into this texture or?
[Image: vittra.png]
08-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Nice! What about the feet, I cannot see them. Well, now that I think about it, the texture that I have is very low and bad quality. It is actually from the old enemy and...it doesn't really looks good. So, I don't know. What do you suggest? If you cannot add some king of diffuse, normal & spec textures then maybe someone else can. The hardest part is the model making I guess and in that part you did well. I have seen some other project of yours, the t-Rex, the barbarian girl etc... Amazing work. Especially the t-Rex textures.

I have to admit that I have no modeling skills and only a few things can I change or find. Simple things like the textures, delete meshes - not anything important anyway.
08-13-2011, 08:11 PM
Find
Hermoor Offline

[Image: feetl.png]
I added a big toe. Just noticed it while I was in the shower this morning. All the toes are closely together except the big toe xD
Quote:If you cannot add some king of diffuse, normal & spec textures then maybe someone else can.
What you see above is a half finished diffuse texture, normal maps and spec maps I'm not good at adding. I have never really understood how to do it in blender. Since if you first unwrap the model then subdivide it to make a sculpt and then bake that into a normal map. The UV map also gets subdivided and rounded off. Also there are almost always really nasty artifacts, another thing I have noticed is that when the texture is very dark like the texture of the Vittra that I would like to call it. Then the normal map isn't really noticed...at least not in blender.

So I have never really used normal maps for my game models. For the t rex a normal map worked good because his skin was basically just scales. That texture isn't painted either, it's photographs. So you can't really credit me for the texture xD. It looks "better" because it's a photo.

Quote:The hardest part is the model making I guess
Actually the hardest part is texturing the creature. It's like making a drawing from 360 degree angle. Except when it comes to low poly models you need to draw the details that aren't seen in the model. Much harder...for a high poly sculpted model for example one can just paint textures or layers of textures on top of it. Without having to draw all the details. So yeah, when it comes to low poly models texturing is definately the hardest thing to do. Especially if you want it to look realistic.

Anyway here is the texture:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/808/texturep.png/

If anyone would like to play around with it. I will work on it more but not right now.
08-13-2011, 08:31 PM
Find