Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Concernning programin and not the game itself
kosta081287
Unregistered

Concernning programin and not the game itself

What does it take to be a gaming programmer is it the same as a softwere programer similar codes etc....
im just working now with a network administrator which worked as a softwere programmer before that and it all looked so damn hard all those codes and becouse of one mistake the program won't even work...does programming fits everybody or some people will NEVER learn??
and as i understood being a network administrator makes you build your carieer faster than a software enginer,at least in israel its like that and the salery as well,how is it in the US??
i would like to get replys to all of those questions Smile
04-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Dark Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Concernning programin and not the game itself

making games is not for everyone
anyone can learn to code but fewer master it enough to create good looking engines
being a network admin is something completely different from game deving
you should start with the easy stuff

i started with dos (not rly a programming language but i could use it to anoy other people with flashing colors and opening 150+ progs at the same time)
then i tried C++ but it went no good
after that i used autoit and im sticking with that
you cant make 3D games with it but i once made a turn based rpg (stopped makinbg it since i made an error wich would make me rewrite the entire game)

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
04-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Find
kosta081287
Unregistered

RE: Concernning programin and not the game itself

Dark Wrote:making games is not for everyone
anyone can learn to code but fewer master it enough to create good looking engines
being a network admin is something completely different from game deving
you should start with the easy stuff

i started with dos (not rly a programming language but i could use it to anoy other people with flashing colors and opening 150+ progs at the same time)
then i tried C++ but it went no good
after that i used autoit and im sticking with that
you cant make 3D games with it but i once made a turn based rpg (stopped makinbg it since i made an error wich would make me rewrite the entire game)

Well i know thats why i asked,whats a better proffesion since i do learn stuff about servers on the work and it seems quite eisier compared to programming,jsut don't know which way to choose in high-tech becouse even here in israel i can't stop see commercials on every corner about being a programmer and work in intel and stuff like that,alot of universitis offer proggraming course but for some reason i never saw an ad about network admin but still heard its was a better job for living and eisier in some ways[for excample you don't have to brake your had over some codes you wrote while finding the bug that won't make the program start]

so if oyu know any info about network administrator and is it better than programin like i said for the salery and convinence please reply
04-04-2007, 08:41 PM