Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.43 Average
Abduction: Chapter 3 [RELEASE]
Anxt Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Abduction: Chapter 3 [RELEASE]

(09-26-2011, 10:46 PM)At0m1x Wrote:
(06-06-2011, 10:00 PM)Anxt Wrote: Yeah, but it didn't tell me much, unfortunately. The only thing I see there that could explain the crash is the <string of long numbers and letters>: Amnesia.exe.

Which could be, well, anything.
001B:0054AD8E Amnesia.exe
Anxt
I have the same problem when I go into storage in crashes the same code appears when it loads...Best custom story I ever played so far....this is my first post xD
Are you talking about the storage in the Dining Hall, the storage in the Sewers, or the storage in the Foyer?

I am glad you are enjoying the story, but I really don't know how to solve the problem. It could be an issue with loading all of the entities, which there are admittedly far too many, but the only way to solve that would be to go through and delete several of them.

09-27-2011, 01:23 AM
Find
At0m1x Offline

Threads: 0

(09-27-2011, 01:23 AM)Anxt Wrote:
(06-06-2011, 10:00 PM)Anxt Wrote: Yeah, but it didn't tell me much, unfortunately. The only thing I see there that could explain the crash is the <string of long numbers and letters>: Amnesia.exe.

Anxt
I have the same problem when I go into storage in crashes the same code appears when it loads...Best custom story I ever played so far....this is my first post xD
Are you talking about the storage in the Dining Hall, the storage in the Sewers, or the storage in the Foyer?

I am glad you are enjoying the story, but I really don't know how to solve the problem. It could be an issue with loading all of the entities, which there are admittedly far too many, but the only way to solve that would be to go through and delete several of them.
Yep its the storage in the Foyer... the Foyer loads up without any problems,
do you I shoud delete the custom story and download it again? I saw a post saying that someone mentioned that he deleted the custom story and downloaded the one you uploaded
What would you recommend Anxt?

09-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

(09-27-2011, 03:42 PM)At0m1x Wrote:

Anxt

do you I shoud delete the custom story and download it again? I saw a post saying that someone mentioned that he deleted the custom story and downloaded the one you uploaded
Well, to start off, go an delete the map_cache files for the storage. It may help. Also, you should make sure you have the most up to date version from ModDB, if you don't already.

If you have the most recent version, and it won't work for you after a couple of attempts (Hopefully you have a save file) let me know and I will get you a custom starting location to help you out.

09-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Find
At0m1x Offline

(09-27-2011, 04:52 PM)Anxt Wrote:
(09-27-2011, 03:42 PM)At0m1x Wrote:

Anxt

Well, to start off, go an delete the map_cache files for the storage. It may help. Also, you should make sure you have the most up to date version from ModDB, if you don't already.

If you have the most recent version, and it won't work for you after a couple of attempts (Hopefully you have a save file) let me know and I will get you a custom starting location to help you out.
Anxt im sorry to tell you this but it still crashes
1.I deleted the Storage map cache just like you told me
2.then went back to the game to make sure it works then Blackbox appears with the code that I told you
3.CRASH!!!
4.I said ok went to ModDB downloaded the current version which is 1.0.7
5.went to the game and again it crashes

Sorry to give ya the bad news

09-27-2011, 05:28 PM
Find
Liniya Offline

Hi! I'm having trouble with bugs in the laboratory!

I can't put the jar of blood on the thingy with the fire :b I don't know what its called in english :b

12-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Find
Anxt Offline

(12-15-2011, 12:40 AM)Liniya Wrote: Hi! I'm having trouble with bugs in the laboratory!

I can't put the jar of blood on the thingy with the fire :b I don't know what its called in english :b
Spoiler below!
You have to get the mercury into the jar first. This requires that you put the cinnabar in the oven (the gray thingy with the pipe and lever). If you dont have the cinnabar, you need to go to the mine, which is adjacent to the Chemical Storage room. Hope that helps!

12-15-2011, 12:57 AM
Find
keeshond5 Offline

Should I play Abduction 1 and 2 before playing this?
12-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

Go to the link in my signature for the full game. They aren't sequels, more like chapters, which I released one at a time so that I could get some feedback to improve the rest of the game. They all fit seamlessly in the complete version.

12-15-2011, 10:02 PM
Find
keeshond5 Offline

Alright good, so the v1.0.7 version contains Chapter 1, 2 and 3? I will probaly play them all 3 but Im curious for chapter 3 since it has gotten such positive feedback. So I would like to play chapter 3 first! But if thats not possible its not really a problem.
12-15-2011, 11:12 PM
Find
Anxt Offline

It is all one game. I just released it in chapters. There's no separation in the full game. So 1.0.7 does have all 3, and any praise chapter 3 has received is also applicable to 1 and 2, with some exceptions Tongue

12-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Find