Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing and Feedback
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10
Testing and Feedback

I've noticed that some people are eager to get their custom stories out there, but want a beta test first, which is completely understandable.

Some people simply want feedback on what they've done, which is also understandable. So what I've decided to do is offer myself for video feedback.

In a nutshell, it basically entails somebody sending me their Custom Story, which I play and record. This video is sent to the creator privately, so that they can get a glimpse of a player's reactions and tendencies in-game without doing a youtube video that could potentially provide spoilers. Also, I'll provide some feedback on the storyline, sentence and grammar structure, as well as noting any graphical errors (eg. clipping planes). However, I'm not going to go out of my way to find these. The intent will be to demonstrate what a player will likely do and encounter.

However, such a system requires some sort of rules.

All I request is a notification that I've finished. Whether that be from a credit screen rolling to a note simply saying "You're done. Stop playing." is to the author's discretion.

Hopefully I'll be able to give feedback that'll help, providing anybody bites.
09-04-2011, 02:38 AM
Find
ZRPT1 Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Testing and Feedback

Im currently not ready for such a project, but this was what i was looking for. As soon as i can find a respectable place to stop my custom story for a beta, i'll be sure to send you it.
09-04-2011, 03:13 AM
Find
Ongka Offline

Threads: 3

Sounds like a good offer.
I can only agree with ZRPT1.

[Image: 18694.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2011, 01:27 PM by Ongka.)
09-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Well once you guys feel you're ready, I'll be more than happy to provide a video playthrough for you guys. Smile
09-05-2011, 03:09 AM
Find
Homicide13 Offline

Threads: 41

This... is a very good idea. In fact, I would like you to test what I have so far of my project as soon as possible. X3 (I haven't heard much from all but one of my beta testers in a while). I'll send you a PM with details, and thanks.

09-05-2011, 05:21 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

I'd be glad to give your project a shot. Just send me a PM with the link and details, and I'll get to work. Smile
09-05-2011, 05:28 AM
Find