Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.1 Average
Work in progress The Servant's Trials - DEMO RELEASED - Latest update 3/09/2011
shadowbolt Offline

Threads: 1
RE: The Servant's Trials - DEMO RELEASED - Checkpoints added, all bugs fixed

I found one thing that got a little messed up

Spoiler below!
When you get the hammer from the toolshed, we hid in the iron closet thing. The brute walked in but he got stuck on the doorframe on the way out, just standing there until we had to just make a run for it.

Also, when you first encounter the brute (Edward), and you go down the stairs, a second brute starts coming up the stairs and sandwiches you, forcing you to get hit by either brute, but shouldn't there be only one brute that comes out, or was one an illusion?

I make music for custom stories
PM me if you're interested.
06-15-2011, 12:53 AM
Find
cook Offline

Threads: 6

Could you specify which door frame shadow?
Spoiler below!
The hammer frame? Also that second one is meant to spawn, in testing it's quite possible to avoid getting hit, you can jump over the banister and do it easily or still beat him to the door by running around the pillar, I might tweak it if enough people find it unfair. Thanks for the feedback.

Making progress on the fixing of the door bugs, should be done by tommorrow, sorry about this.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2011, 01:49 AM by cook.)
06-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Find
shadowbolt Offline

Threads: 1

(06-15-2011, 01:46 AM)cook Wrote: Could you specify which door frame shadow?
Spoiler below!
The hammer frame? Also that second one is meant to spawn, in testing it's quite possible to avoid getting hit, you can jump over the banister and do it easily or still beat him to the door by running around the pillar, I might tweak it if enough people find it unfair. Thanks for the feedback.

Making progress on the fixing of the door bugs, should be done by tommorrow, sorry about this.

Spoiler below!
When you're inside the room the hammer is in, face the doorway. He was stuck on the left side of the door. I wouldn't really say stuck as much as 'confused'. And I didn't find the second brute unfair, I just thought Edward was supposed to be the only monster servant at that point, so the second was kind of a plot hole.

I make music for custom stories
PM me if you're interested.
06-15-2011, 02:10 AM
Find
cook Offline

It's not a plot hole currently, but I will be adding to the writing. (I half assed it right now.) I believe I've found the problem you speak of, I'm trying out fixes now.

PROGRESS:
Great improved grunts pathing in SQ, possibly fixed door bug(I've no way to recreate it on my end, I've tried hiding in the same area), done multiple tests of getting the grunt to chase me and waiting for him to reset to patrolling which he does perfectly. Also learned a lot about path nodes, they seem to work better if I place them directly in the floor? Maybe I just got unlucky. Upload going up soon.

Gallery foundation is laid(all statics, all primitives), beginning detailing, already planned out level structure/direction player will have to go.
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2011, 03:26 AM by cook.)
06-15-2011, 03:18 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5
RE: The Servant's Trials - DEMO RELEASED - Latest update 6/15/2011

cook
heh, that file fully works now!
Quote:TheServant experimental.zip
(458.1 KB)
now in servants quarter monster can move, and i can pass through main hall to visiting area.
damn, workshop really extremely dangerous, because monsters can run on ladders, OMG!!!!!!!!!!RolleyesBig Grin

curious, that i cannot reach that area
[Image: areagw.th.jpg]

hah,
Quote:short demo,
nice joke

your demo very long, i think.

awaiting for FULL release, scary!Big Grin

hey, btw!!

that damn grunt spawning every time in workshop, when i enters it, exactly on the ladder/staircase, and moving fast like Justine monster, are you increased his moving speed????
that extremely element here, and it"s GREAT!
SO thats why people like Workshop
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2011, 06:50 PM by Dark Knight.)
06-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Find
cook Offline

Glad it's finally working for you Dark Knight, sorry about not fixing it earlier I just wasn't sure what to do, but as soon as I knew he was attacking the door I knew how to fix it. The grunt in the workshop is not modded at all but he does have 100 of his own personal path nodes (1 per step on staircase) and has the show player location set to true so he always knows where you are.

That area you show is just for detail currently.

Seuchensoldat, can you confirm it's working for you now too?
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2011, 07:16 PM by cook.)
06-15-2011, 07:07 PM
Find
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22
Star  RE: The Servant's Trials - DEMO RELEASED - Latest update 6/15/2011

K. My first part of playing through the Demo:

Spoiler below!
Okay Cook, I love this custom story. This is actually the first one i've been playing (Which wasn't mine) And it was Scary as hell. First when i had to fix the pipes. something kept hitting the door. So my plan was simple: Fix and RUUUUUN.

So, I was in the servants quarters. I got scared shitless when i wasn't able to move. But i managed to hide.
Happy that i got away from him, you left the suprise in the Main hall. I got scared shitless. Flamed heavily in Steam chat. And decided to move on. But then the second came and i just had to to a blind run Big Grin

I got into the Workshop. And the monster came. I was hiding for like 3 minutes. and had enough. So i wanted to sneak past him, holding a box. he heard the sound of me dropping the box and started chasing me. Once i saw him in my screen. I Quit out of fear xD
I never played any other custom stories because i am pretty sure i cannot handle Amnesia. (Fuck nightmares, I got them under control Big Grin) Anyway, VERY nice what you made there. I love the stuff you made Big Grin

Current Project: [WIP] Lost Memories
Progress: 15%
CLICK FOR MY MODDB PAGE
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2011, 07:55 PM by laser50.)
06-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Threads: 3

@cook: I will test later today and inform you then!
06-16-2011, 04:58 AM
Find
Seuchensoldat Offline

Threads: 3

Still had no luck with the servant's quarters. I will reinstall Amnesia later, maybe there is some weird bug going on.
06-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Find
cook Offline

Has this bug happened on any other maps(grunts behaving silly), or is it just mine? I have one other idea I could try.
06-17-2011, 09:55 PM
Find