Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cannot save
Sugarnaut Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago I cannot save

Im in the chancel but need to turn back to the choir and the other room (forgot the name, where you get orb pieces) and i play the game normally and i go through the first orb rooms with the torture chambers then to the choir. when i save and exit it works fine and i go to the main menu. but next time i want to play i start at the chancel again. First i thought i pressed the wrong button but then i made sure i pressed the right one and it still didn't save the next time i played the game. Any suggestions what is causing the issue and any way to fix it?
05-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: I cannot save

What operating system do you have? What version of the game do you have(normal, v1.0.1 or v1.2)? Did you update the game recently?
05-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Find
Sugarnaut Offline

(05-28-2011, 10:22 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: What operating system do you have? What version of the game do you have(normal, v1.0.1 or v1.2)? Did you update the game recently?

I have not updated anything because i found out that there were updates midgame and they dicouraged it if you were in the middle. I have windows vista and as i said it has been working fine until recently.
05-28-2011, 11:25 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Ok, it is good that you haven't updated the game in the middle of it. Are you sure though cause steam autoupdates the game. If you have retail then it is ok. When you load the game and you are not where you supposed to be, can you check whether things that you did were saved? For example do this now:

Load the game
Do something like reading a note, take an object
Save and exit
Load the game and go see if these are gone

This is to check whether the game really does save instead of ignoring you.
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2011, 11:32 PM by plutomaniac.)
05-28-2011, 11:31 PM
Find
Sugarnaut Offline

(05-28-2011, 11:31 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Ok, it is good that you haven't updated the game in the middle of it. Are you sure though cause steam autoupdates the game. If you have retail then it is ok. When you load the game and you are not where you supposed to be, can you check whether things that you did were saved? For example do this now:

Load the game
Do something like reading a note, take an object
Save and exit
Load the game and go see if these are gone

This is to check whether the game really does save instead of ignoring you.

The first time it happened i played through for about an hour and got a few orb pieces. then i hit save & exit and the next day im where i started they day before. so i played through a little further then last time and all things wereas they were the day before. save & quit, next day same thing same place play through kinda knowing what wuld happen so i only played a bit and i checked if it saved and it didn't. and it saves good and its a normal save that i keep loading too and i tried manually loading and it doesn't say anything newer then the save i keep spawning at.
05-29-2011, 05:31 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

So, the game tells you that it saved you state but the truth is it never does. Right? Mmmm, this is odd. Try running the game as administrator. Also, send me if you want your save game(the latest one with the problem) so that I can tell you if it is problematic at my amnesia game too.
05-29-2011, 07:53 AM
Find
Sugarnaut Offline

(05-29-2011, 07:53 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: So, the game tells you that it saved you state but the truth is it never does. Right? Mmmm, this is odd. Try running the game as administrator. Also, send me if you want your save game(the latest one with the problem) so that I can tell you if it is problematic at my amnesia game too.

It is running as administrator already. And how do you find the save and how do i send it to you ? Tongue
(05-29-2011, 10:58 AM)Sugarnaut Wrote:
(05-29-2011, 07:53 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: So, the game tells you that it saved you state but the truth is it never does. Right? Mmmm, this is odd. Try running the game as administrator. Also, send me if you want your save game(the latest one with the problem) so that I can tell you if it is problematic at my amnesia game too.

It is running as administrator already. And how do you find the save and how do i send it to you ? Tongue

And if there is any difference it started loading slow and such at the same time it stopped loading.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2011, 11:11 AM by Sugarnaut.)
05-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

You saves can be found at Documents/Amnesia/Main folder as well as the file HPL.log which I need to see what's wrong with the game.

Compress the files listed above with winrar for example and upload the file to megaupload.com //edit by jens, hotlinking exe files = bad idea for automated spam/virus things so removed it.

hpl.log
launcher.log

also include in the .rar file the latest .sav file which can be found inside Documents/Amnesia/Main/YOUR_PROFILE_NAME

To conclude, I need 3 files. Two .log and one .sav file.
(This post was last modified: 05-29-2011, 12:24 PM by jens.)
05-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Find
Sugarnaut Offline

(05-29-2011, 12:00 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: You saves can be found at Documents/Amnesia/Main folder as well as the file HPL.log which I need to see what's wrong with the game.

Compress the files listed above with winrar for example and upload the file to megaupload.com //edit by jens, hotlinking exe files = bad idea for automated spam/virus things so removed it.

hpl.log
launcher.log

also include in the .rar file the latest .sav file which can be found inside Documents/Amnesia/Main/YOUR_PROFILE_NAME

I found the save file and the hpl.log but not the other one. Is it in the same folder or somewhere else? and should i upload the two of them anyway?
05-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Find
Sugarnaut Offline

(05-29-2011, 12:00 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: You saves can be found at Documents/Amnesia/Main folder as well as the file HPL.log which I need to see what's wrong with the game.

hpl.log
launcher.log

I found the save and the hpl file but not the launcher one. is it in the same folder? and should i upload the other two anyway?
05-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Find