Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[SPOILER] What you think about red?
Jetsetlemming Offline

Threads: 5
RE: [SPOILER] What you think about red?

I liked Red, too. His dialogue was really well written, and the voice acting was superb. Tongue Though how he knew you were listening and where you were in order to give contextually accurate vague advice is beyond me. Philip examines the walky talky when you find it and says it's a nothing-special POS that he's built better models of in school, not some fancy GPS enabled positioning walky talky of the future. Tongue Plus Red's equiptment was a just as low quality ham radio looking thing.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2007, 02:38 AM by Gzy.)
04-07-2007, 02:38 AM
Find
CornetTheory Offline

Threads: 0

Doffy90 Wrote:And btw how do you fake real agony scream?

I didn't have much trouble. har har har.

http://www.onlyintheory.com - Voice actor - Penumbra Series
04-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

hehe
04-09-2007, 11:23 AM
Website Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

CornetTheory Wrote:
Doffy90 Wrote:And btw how do you fake real agony scream?

I didn't have much trouble. har har har.

That's kind of what I thought when I read Doffy's post Big Grin

Someone had to fake it in the first place, or else it would heve been illegal to produce Penumbra ^^

Spoiler below!
I was kind of surprised to find out that Red was trapped in the mine for at least 30 years, according to his letter.
He sounded quite sane for someone in these circumstances.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
04-09-2007, 11:53 AM
Find
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

what your saying the screams was fake!!!! :o

..... nahhhh I won't believe it
04-10-2007, 01:41 AM
Find
Somalion Offline

Threads: 11

I really would've liked to meet with Red(wood) face to face. I really think he was a good guy even though he was a little strange with something like "the giant rock eating metal monster" (=a huge tunnel digging machine) =)

By some strange twist of fate people around you die violently.
You always see the worst way a person can die.
04-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Find
pikacz
Unregistered

Spoiler below!
Red's voice and accent are actually two of the most scariest and successful things in the game. there is no other voice that would suit better.
as for his death, i also don't believe he burned. how could he have guided the player through the game not knowing where exactly the player is? he somehow managed to give tips at precisely the right moments, like the player had a gps attached to his ass Tongue come to think of it, it fits well. the whole game is going from one place to another, picking up things and using them. it's like a big puzzle carefully prepared to be solved. maybe it's all just a test? maybe after completing the first episode we passed it?
things that also bother me are the little fragments of Red's posters. there is a big eye instead of a lady's face, and some other things. Red could have been watched all the time, maybe even guarded not to kill himself, but how could he then managed to make himself a loop to hang himself? he would have been stopped while doing that. instead he managed to make the loop and it would take a couple of seconds to hang himself, nobody could've stopped him. i think that his room was also carefully prepared to fool the player into thinking that Red was actually a prisoner. the voice in the incinerator might have been coming from a speaker, the key that he left was planted and the ashes were of coal or something else.
i also have another theory - either Red or Philip's father is the head of that 'experimenting society'.
04-10-2007, 09:42 PM
cEkIc Offline

Threads: 2

pikacz i think u told the best explanation about Red and his worksBig Grin
04-10-2007, 10:14 PM
Find
pikacz
Unregistered

thanx Smile there's also a more simple answer: the game is just a game, the scenario has no reasonable explanation and developers like to read our weird ideas Tongue
04-10-2007, 10:23 PM
cEkIc Offline

Threads: 2

yeah about the thing where Red knows exactly where you are is becouse this is a game and not real worldTongue
04-10-2007, 10:39 PM
Find