Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[SPOILER] What you think about red?
Cyan Killer Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [SPOILER] What you think about red?

I really enjoyed the game. Extremely creepy. Red was a great character in the game, how you had to stop moving, killing etc: just to hear him hint something to you. The voice acting was great and a great accent produced in the game to make it more realistic instead of some american or something. Also, I've read most of the posts on this topic and think that red isn't dead because if he died. There would be a body. Not some little speck of Gunpowder Tongue

Im really looking forward to the 2nd episode and hope that it comes out soon Big Grin
04-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Cyan Killer Wrote:Also, I've read most of the posts on this topic and think that red isn't dead because if he died.  There would be a body.  Not some little speck of Gunpowder Tongue
It could be possible.
We don't know the temperature inside that incinerator.
If this device was really used to dispose of "experiments", I could imagine quite a high temperature in there, since they would want their "experiments" to get completely annihilated.
So it might well be enough to even reduce bones to ashes, or at least destabilise them so they shatter when the big drawer moves.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
04-15-2007, 12:33 AM
Find
TheCollective15 Offline

Threads: 5

Thaliur Wrote:So it might well be enough to even reduce bones to ashes, or at least destabilise them so they shatter when the big drawer moves.

Aye, but then the key survived...and it was not even under the pile of ash...not to say that the key could not be made out of a metal with a fairly high melting point, but why would the key be made of such a substance, and not just some regular, dirty alloy? lol.

Over-analyzing proves victorious once again! Oh, I also tried to 'sweep' up Red's remains with the broom, but sadly, tis a solid object...

You can't kill me if I kill me first!!
04-15-2007, 12:49 AM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Oh, you're right, I forgot about the key...
That's weird indeed. Thinking about it, it would have still been quite hot when I picked it up...

Still, the bones could be covered by the ashes and just not visible

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2007, 02:30 AM by klutzon.)
04-15-2007, 02:27 AM
Find
TheCollective15 Offline

And why weren't any other items of his left over? A few metal buttons, maybe a ring/piece of jewelry, a watch, glasses, assuming he even owned anything like that...unless, he was undressed when he was in the incinerator...

04-15-2007, 02:30 AM
Find
bitwise Offline

I loved his dialog and voice. I was expecting to run in to him and have to fight him as a final boss. The incinerator was a sweet twist but it was a shame to never see him. Would have been better if there was a window into the incinerator to really drive it home.
TheCollective15 Wrote:And why weren't any other items of his left over? A few metal buttons, maybe a ring/piece of jewelry, a watch, glasses, assuming he even owned anything like that...unless, he was undressed when he was in the incinerator...
Nah, you wouldn't be wearing anything like that after 30 years. I would be amazed if his clothes were left at that point.
04-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Well, miner's outfits are quite sturdy (they have to be I guess), but 30 years is fairly optimistic.

A boss fight wouldn't fit into Penumbra, I think. This is more a part of combat-oriented games, which Penumbra doesn't belong to.
And they're unrealistic in my opinion.
Penumbra is still very realistic, despite the strange artifacts and mutated animals. It could happen.
But there just isn't any reason why each series of related events should end with a significantly hard battle (*insert suspicious glance at Half Life and several other games here*)

04-17-2007, 08:31 PM
Find
TheCollective15 Offline

Yeah, no boss battles, please. Now, it is different if you put in one really challenging last puzzle to create a 'climax' of sorts...kind of like
Spoiler below!
at the end of Episode 1, how you have to carry the explosive across the gorge of death. :o That one required paitence, and a steady mouse/spacebar in order to accomplish it...

Now, you could have a blend of inventory puzzles, searching for the right equipment, analyzing a document, and a physical challenge (much like the last great puzzle did...) to ramp up the difficulty...or just factor in another chase scene. Smile

04-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Find
CornetTheory Offline

TheCollective15 Wrote:Over-analyzing proves victorious once again! Oh, I also tried to 'sweep' up Red's remains with the broom, but sadly, tis a solid object...

what were you going to do? snort him?

http://www.onlyintheory.com - Voice actor - Penumbra Series
04-21-2007, 09:37 AM
Find
Wrongusername Offline

Quote:what were you going to do? snort him?

Rofl, well you still got that "blank" piece of paper at that time i think so maybe you get to use his ashes as tobacco.
04-21-2007, 04:50 PM
Find