Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler What was your stupidest/funniest moment that you did in Amnesia?
Roenlond Offline

Threads: 3
RE: What was your stupidest/funniest moment that you did in Amnesia?

(05-30-2011, 09:11 AM)lizardcat Wrote: In the Sewers when you get past Mr. Tall and had to open the door.

I heard the screeching sound and though that there was another one at the other side of the door. I turned around and ran smack dab to Mr. Tall. I screamed and pushed my laptop away from me and it would've hit the floor if I hadn't made a dive for it.

And the results were: hyperventilation, a teeny scratch on my right arm, and an angry mom scolding me for being awake at 1:30 in the morning playing horror games. XD

Honestly I was lol'ing hard after that.

Haha I couldn't agree more with that statement. I remember the place, I ran across the brute and got to the door before I heard the familiar noise of a monster behind me. I got a heart attack and rotated the camera 180 degrees only to see the brute slashing at me. Needless to say, I got scared shitless and actually threw away my mouse and tried to dodge the blow by diving from my computer chair. It didn't work all that well :/
05-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Find
lizardcat Offline

Threads: 0

(05-30-2011, 09:19 AM)Roenlond Wrote: ...tried to dodge the blow by diving from my computer chair. It didn't work all that well :/

lol, isn't it funny when you involuntarily mimic the actions Daniel makes when you play? Like when you peer from walls, I don't know why my head suddenly tilts to an angle, or when you also physically try to avoid the Servants' attacks.

Big Grin

I don't know if I'm the only one doing the head thing. But if I am..well...haha. XD
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2011, 09:30 AM by lizardcat.)
05-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Find
WatzUpzPeepz Offline

Threads: 12

(05-30-2011, 09:30 AM)lizardcat Wrote:
(05-30-2011, 09:19 AM)Roenlond Wrote: ...tried to dodge the blow by diving from my computer chair. It didn't work all that well :/

lol, isn't it funny when you involuntarily mimic the actions Daniel makes when you play? Like when you peer from walls, I don't know why my head suddenly tilts to an angle, or when you also physically try to avoid the Servants' attacks.

Big Grin

I don't know if I'm the only one doing the head thing. But if I am..well...haha. XD

Well the peer around walls but not dodge the Servants' attacks,my firend I think amnesia has cracked you.lol

05-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Find
Procurator Offline

First time playing Amnesia, I thought throwing rocks and boxes at the gatherers would kill them. I spent around 30 minutes tossing whatever I could find at the first Mr. Face I saw.

Of course, in retrospect, I'm not sure why I got that idea...
05-30-2011, 04:30 PM
Find
Krohm Offline

When I was being chased by the lurker and didn't close the door behind me, then I ran in a circle back to where I was and died.

[Image: 3479pqb.gif]
05-31-2011, 04:22 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

When in the sewers, Mr Tall spawned after slowing the water wheel. I walked out of the room, heard him moan, and then like an utter dumbass, I turned my latern on. When he saw me and started running at me, I panicked so bad, I spun the mouse 360 degrees and ran right into him, and died. XD

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
05-31-2011, 08:49 AM
Find
WumboGaming Offline

Threads: 2

Check out my youtube channel and see for yourself xP
Pretty scared in nearly every episode I recorded
http://www.youtube.com/WumboGaming
06-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Well.. most of them in my signature.

Tho, I remember one: once in the prison I failed to escape grunt somehow and decided to hide around the corner of the staircase. And you know what? It worked. but not in the way i expected - grunt was able to see me but because of some glitch wasn't able to reach me >_> And I wasn't able to escape lol.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
06-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

(06-01-2011, 11:39 PM)Kein Wrote: Tho, I remember one: once in the prison I failed to escape grunt somehow and decided to hide around the corner of the staircase. And you know what? It worked. but not in the way i expected - grunt was able to see me but because of some glitch wasn't able to reach me >_> And I wasn't able to escape lol.

I had something similar happen with the brute that I mentioned above on my second playthrough. This time I made it back into the room and hid under the pipes to wait for him to leave. After a couple seconds I noticed that the "I see you!" sound was still playing, so I looked over to the right and up and there he was, standing on the other side of the pipes, trying, and failing, to hit me because the pipes were in the way.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
06-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Find
LoveBlaze Offline

Threads: 2

I had 3 really stupid moves in particular, and, of course, they were all in front of a large audience including my then-crush (now boyfriend) at one point.

The first one was in the Study when I was out on the ledge. I looked left and saw the ledge waaaay far out that's just for decoration, and I thought "I can totally make that," so I jumped. I failed and died.

The next one was in the prison, I had seen a Grunt down the hallway, and I had just left one of the cells when I heard a growl, and I freaked out and ran forward into the cell in front of me. I had about 3 seconds in this new one when the Grunt walked around the corner. I screamed, and just exited and started over.

The last one was when I made it into the Nave. I decided to see what would happen if I walked over the well that you just escaped the sewers through. You fall and die, that's what.

"THERE IT IS! RUN!"
"NO I WAS GOING TO STOP FOR A CUP OF TEA WITH IT!"
06-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Find