Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Amnesia.exe
Kedane Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Amnesia.exe

Hey,

I have unfortunately encountered a problem that prevents me from getting further in the game. I have reached the part where I have to fix the elevator and I have gotten to the Machine Room.

I only had one of the three rods to insert, so I went back to the Back Hall area with all the different rooms. I entered the Study area where you have to break a window, to get outside jumping on some ledges. But when I try to leave this area again, to get back to the Back Hall, the game constantly crashes when I interact with the door.

I have attached a screenshot of the error window, error log and hpl log. Note, that I play the game through Steam. I have tried to verify game cache and load an older save, but this didn't work.

Hope someone can help with this. Smile

Attached Files
.jpg   errorwindow.jpg (Size: 83.64 KB / Downloads: 126)
.log   errorlog-30-05-2011(19.43.29).log (Size: 59.73 KB / Downloads: 92)
.log   hpl.log (Size: 6.03 KB / Downloads: 90)
(This post was last modified: 05-30-2011, 09:19 PM by Kedane.)
05-30-2011, 08:52 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Amnesia.exe

That happens because you updated the game(or stem did it by itself) in the middle of the game. The saves are different at the study area after the latest update and so the game crashes with the old ones. You need to load a previous save file just before entering the study for the first time. It happens all the time lately and this is the only solution.
05-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Find
Kedane Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago RE: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Amnesia.exe

Ah ok, I haven't tried going back to before entering Study for the first time, only like a save or two back.

I'm going to try this - if I still get the problem, I will post it here.

Thanks!
05-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

ok, let's hope it will be fixed...
05-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Find