Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Screen dims when light sources go offscreen
zool Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Screen dims when light sources go offscreen

When I have a light source on screen, the game looks as it should. If I turn around the moment the light source goes off screen it emits no light. I tried to record a video of this using Fraps, but in the video the dimming doesn't happen.

I've seen a few threads about this issue, and I've tried everything I've seen suggested.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit, and an ATI HD5770 with the current drivers. I'm running the Steam version of Amnesia, so it's definitely up to date.

I've tried disabling Aero, unchecking every box in the graphics options, and running in windowed mode, nothing has had any effect.

05-30-2011, 09:52 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Screen dims when light sources go offscreen

I don't really understand the problem, what do you mean?
05-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

Tried to change gamma options?

05-30-2011, 11:58 PM
Website Find
zool Offline

(05-30-2011, 10:59 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: I don't really understand the problem, what do you mean?

It's like torches and candles only emit light when they are on screen, if I'm facing a lit torch, it lights up the room. If I turn around the moment the torch goes off screen the whole room goes dark, like the torch isn't lit.

This isn't gradual dimming, as I look around a room it flashes between being lit and unlit as candles and torches go in and out of view.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2011, 05:10 AM by zool.)
05-31-2011, 05:07 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Mmm, I remember such problem that a user had some time ago. Let me find it with search. In the mean time, make sure you have this installed:

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...-64.aspx#1

Attach us here you hpl.log file found under Documents/Amnesia/Main folder.

EDIT: Found it, this is exactly your problem:

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-5111.html

Solution: Run the game in windowed mode and not full screen
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2011, 09:09 AM by plutomaniac.)
05-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Find
zool Offline

I fixed it! Oddly enough this issue seems to be monitor related. I was wondering if my monitor might be dimming to adjust to the darker picture when I looked away from a light source. So I started messing with the settings.

I have an LG W2286L monitor. I installed the LG forte manager program that came with the monitor, and turned the brightness up to 60. (And adjusted the gamma settings in game to make the dark, dark) The game now works great.

Those users who solved this issue by running in windowed mode might try playing around with their monitor's settings to see if they can get it working correctly full screen.
06-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Find