Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 34 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
Amnesia: Through the Portal (2.0 Expansion Released)
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Amnesia: Through the Portal (Released)

(06-11-2011, 05:52 PM)alexduplex Wrote: The thing is, the tunnel/cave won't lead back outside the map. I just bump into a wall.

AGH! I forgot to include ONE TEXTURE FILE FOR THE ITEM that took off the entire ending. Uploading a fix now. What happened was I didn't include the texture file for the Master Orb, and so the function that gives you the item was missing the parameter and thus, didn't give you the item. All of the following functions go to detect if you have the Orb.

Here is a very small fix for people who have it installed already:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?73sd4mx2mxlswot

Simply move that .tga file to your graphics/items/ folder. The final destination should be amnesia the dark descent (or redist)/graphics/items/master_orb.tga.

This will fix the ending.

OR

New full download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ua90dw7foo9gnz5

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011, 06:09 PM by DamnNoHtml.)
06-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(06-11-2011, 05:54 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: New full download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ua90dw7foo9gnz5

wel, v1.0 works well,
Spoiler below!
i can grab Master orb and walk through that arc, impressed by monsters Big Grin
[Image: 18331691.th.jpg]

unique story, something fresh, i"m bit tired from dungeons!
06-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Find
bobbo Offline

Threads: 1

I've just finished it, here's my two cents:

Spoiler below!

One very negative thing for me was the way of installation. On the first start via the batch file I had to reenter my serial key which I didn't have on top of my desk of course but dug somewhere in a folder on my FG store receit. Also, all the settings were reset back to default so I had to set them to my taste and restart the game. Is there no way to make this a "normal" custom story that goes into the custom story folder and is started from the vanilla game menu?

I really liked the general idea of escaping the strange realm and the pretty graphics (everything from the first map over the gloomy blue/red lights till the nice outdoor view)!

Unfortunately, it was too easy to escape this realm. When I had found that note about different realms I thought I would have to make my through each of them in order to escape back to "realm 4". Instead, I only had to get that one master orb? It was good though that after taking it the shadow chased me - but why does the shadow follow me over two maps but vanishes on the third? Also, in the middle of this room (with the realm 4 portl around the corner) there's an empty orb holder - what's it there for?

In the credits, what was that line "Cry, hope you got my name right" about? Was that meant to be a joke and is it my bad English that made me misinterpret it as being meant serious? Or was it really meant serious? Either way, I don't think it's a good line to have there.

That's it for now, now someone make a total conversion Alien-Amnesia with these superb graphics please. Big Grin

06-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0

Ok, at the risk of sounding like a derp, I picked up the master orb but still couldn't get back through the tunnel, it was an invisible wall. If this is any reason, maybe there's is a trigger on the stairs on the way down? Because I was a boss and jumped down from the top. But please, what do I do?

EDIT: I grabbed the fix, because I already had it, maybe it doesn't like that? I don't know.
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011, 11:35 PM by Ghostflame.)
06-11-2011, 11:30 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(06-11-2011, 11:30 PM)Ghostflame Wrote: Ok, at the risk of sounding like a derp, I picked up the master orb but still couldn't get back through the tunnel, it was an invisible wall. If this is any reason, maybe there's is a trigger on the stairs on the way down? Because I was a boss and jumped down from the top. But please, what do I do?

EDIT: I grabbed the fix, because I already had it, maybe it doesn't like that? I don't know.

Spoiler below!
There is a trigger on the way down. How the hell did you survive that fall?

(06-11-2011, 11:19 PM)bobbo Wrote: One very negative thing for me was the way of installation. On the first start via the batch file I had to reenter my serial key which I didn't have on top of my desk of course but dug somewhere in a folder on my FG store receit. Also, all the settings were reset back to default so I had to set them to my taste and restart the game. Is there no way to make this a "normal" custom story that goes into the custom story folder and is started from the vanilla game menu?

That should not have happened in any way shape or form. The game doesn't change anything, it just loads a different configuration file. I have absolutely no idea how you did that.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011, 11:57 PM by DamnNoHtml.)
06-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0

I don't know, it only took me to "Barely Conscious", and I even ran back up and did it again while at "Barely Conscious", and I still didn't die.
06-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

(06-12-2011, 12:24 AM)Ghostflame Wrote: I don't know, it only took me to "Barely Conscious", and I even ran back up and did it again while at "Barely Conscious", and I still didn't die.

It's impossible to die from fall damage Smile

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

06-12-2011, 01:34 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Well that sort of puts a damper on things. I even extended MaxFallDamage to 9999. Still don't die.

06-12-2011, 02:14 AM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

(06-12-2011, 02:14 AM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: Well that sort of puts a damper on things. I even extended MaxFallDamage to 9999. Still don't die.

Perhaps it is set to nonlethal?

GivePlayerDamage(float afAmount, string& asType, bool abSpinHead, bool abLethal);

GivePlayerDamage(10000, "", false, true);

06-12-2011, 02:28 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

MaxFallDamage is in a config file, it isn't a code I can edit.

06-12-2011, 02:34 AM
Find