Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 34 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
Amnesia: Through the Portal (2.0 Expansion Released)
Tinio Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia: Through the Portal (2.0 Expansion Released)

Okay so i'm having a problem trying to open the Batch file..

I'm using windows and have the steam version of the game and I downloaded Amnesia: Through the Portal v2.1, transferred the files to, C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent, and tried to open the Batch file. The prompt box pops up for literally like half a second and exits out. I can't get into the game :\
07-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(07-10-2011, 10:54 PM)Tinio Wrote: Okay so i'm having a problem trying to open the Batch file..

I'm using windows and have the steam version of the game and I downloaded Amnesia: Through the Portal v2.1, transferred the files to, C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\amnesia the dark descent, and tried to open the Batch file. The prompt box pops up for literally like half a second and exits out. I can't get into the game :\

Can you load the normal game? Sounds like it isn't even trying to open the .exe

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
07-11-2011, 04:31 AM
Find
Tinio Offline

Yeah I can open the normal game i've played a lot of the other custom stories that I could actually put into the folder.. You think reinstalling Amnesia would do it? Because even that section in the read-me that said it would ask me if I wanted to merge folders didn't pop up when I transferred the folder to the main directory.
Is there a program i'm supposed to have downloaded to open it? Would using the config directions on the mac version on steam work for me? Regardless of using a windows computer?
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011, 03:07 PM by Tinio.)
07-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(07-11-2011, 02:54 PM)Tinio Wrote: Yeah I can open the normal game i've played a lot of the other custom stories that I could actually put into the folder.. You think reinstalling Amnesia would do it? Because even that section in the read-me that said it would ask me if I wanted to merge folders didn't pop up when I transferred the folder to the main directory.
Is there a program i'm supposed to have downloaded to open it? Would using the config directions on the mac version on steam work for me? Regardless of using a windows computer?

Theres no way you couldn't merge folders if you did everything correctly. Wait...so are you on a Mac or Windows?

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
07-11-2011, 04:55 PM
Find
Tinio Offline

I'm on windows. I'm really not sure why it won't open the .exe
Alright I got it! When it said to drag everything in the folder to the main directory, I actually dragging the Through the Portal v2.1 folder into the main directory.

For anyone else that was having a similar problem, you're actually supposed to drag everything in that folder into the main directory haha.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2011, 07:33 PM by Tinio.)
07-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Find
grimy88 Offline

Threads: 0

Can someone help me pls.
When i start the bat file comes a error message:
[Image: 150711234224_error.jpg]
07-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Find
ZxBrad Offline

Threads: 29

This game is amazing, it makes sense with the amnesia story. The alien artifacts are brilliant. Alien world is breath taking. This definitely deserves to be the actual cannon story to the game.

WARNING: Noob Doesn't Know How To Script.
[Image: xcn384.gif]

07-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Find
SoothsayerNight Offline

I have just finished recording this custom story and i gotta agree with Brad...absolutely awesome.
So much different from other custom stories but not too different to ruin it.

Thanks, i really enjoyed it!
07-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

I remember I played Wake and even left some feedback. Haven't got a chance to play this one, but I saw a LP of it aand... Goddamn, awesome work Scott (or John?)! It really is.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2011, 05:14 AM by Kein.)
07-20-2011, 04:24 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(07-20-2011, 04:24 AM)Kein Wrote: I remember I played Wake and even left some feedback. Haven't got a chance to play this one, but I saw a LP of it aand... Goddamn, awesome work Scott (or John?)! It really is.

Where did John come from !?

07-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Find