Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 34 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
Amnesia: Through the Portal (2.0 Expansion Released)
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
RE: Amnesia: Through the Portal (2.0 Expansion Released)

Loved this, hearted it, liked it, commen-

Oh wait. This isn't youtube...

Loved it tho. One of my favorites!!

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
07-24-2011, 05:56 PM
Find
Joseph Curwen Offline

Threads: 8

I tried getting it to run under linux, but it keeps crashing with a segmentation fault. I run
'./Amnesia.bin config/ttp_main_init.cfg'
then the screen resolution changes for a moment and it crashes.
Messages in terminal are:

jack server is not running or cannot be started
bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Connection refused (111)
Cannot connect to server socket err = No such file or directory
Cannot connect to server socket
[Stuff above repeated three times]
jack server is not running or cannot be started
Segmentation fault.

When I launch it with the original 'main.cfg' file, it does not crash, but also complains about the jack audio server not running.

Has anyone had the same problem and can tell me how to solve it?
08-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(08-26-2011, 11:00 AM)Joseph Curwen Wrote: Has anyone had the same problem and can tell me how to solve it?

A segmentation fault is normally caused by attempting to access a point in memory that either doesn't exist or which you don't have permission to access.

I have the game on Linux and Through the Portal works for me there, and i get the very same jack server errors. I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe you didn't extract everything properly? Maybe you have an older version of Amnesia?

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-26-2011, 11:18 AM
Website Find
MooseTheScared Offline

Threads: 1

Also played Through The Portal on Linux, no crashes. I don't think segmentation fault and jack server stuff are related, probably, you didn't put all necessary files into proper folders when installing the story.
08-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Find
Joseph Curwen Offline

(08-26-2011, 11:18 AM)Your Computer Wrote: Maybe you have an older version of Amnesia?

Re-installed the mod, didn't help. My version of Amnesia is 1.2, is that the latest? The last update I installed was the Justine thing. It creates no hpl.log, so no help from this direction.

Running it in gdb only gives

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x08313f01 in cLuxPreMenu::cLuxPreMenu() ()

and scrambles up my screen resolution (?)

I hope, I just missed an Amnesia update.

08-26-2011, 07:20 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(08-26-2011, 07:20 PM)Joseph Curwen Wrote: Re-installed the mod, didn't help. My version of Amnesia is 1.2, is that the latest? The last update I installed was the Justine thing. It creates no hpl.log, so no help from this direction.

That's the version of Amnesia that i have for Linux. Let's try disabling the pre-menu through user config files.

Create a folder named ttp-saves under ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia. Then copy over all files and folders from ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main to ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/ttp-saves. Now edit ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/ttp-saves/main_settings.cfg. Look for ShowPreMenu and make sure it has a value of "false". Then save and restart the game.

If the folder ttp-saves and all of its contents are already created, then you just have to edit the main_settings.cfg file.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2011, 11:57 PM by Your Computer.)
08-26-2011, 11:54 PM
Website Find
Joseph Curwen Offline

(08-26-2011, 11:54 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(08-26-2011, 07:20 PM)Joseph Curwen Wrote: Re-installed the mod, didn't help. My version of Amnesia is 1.2, is that the latest? The last update I installed was the Justine thing. It creates no hpl.log, so no help from this direction.

That's the version of Amnesia that i have for Linux. Let's try disabling the pre-menu through user config files.

Create a folder named ttp-saves under ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia. Then copy over all files and folders from ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/Main to ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/ttp-saves. Now edit ~/.frictionalgames/Amnesia/ttp-saves/main_settings.cfg. Look for ShowPreMenu and make sure it has a value of "false". Then save and restart the game.

If the folder ttp-saves and all of its contents are already created, then you just have to edit the main_settings.cfg file.

Hey, it works! Thanks a lot!
08-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Find
Abengoshis Offline

Threads: 0

The levels looked badly made and I fell behind the warp to Earth on my first playthrough so I had to start again. Short, not scary at all, and looked so unrealistic (even for an alien realm) that I didn't once feel immersed.
09-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(09-09-2011, 08:42 PM)Abengoshis Wrote: The levels looked badly made and I fell behind the warp to Earth on my first playthrough so I had to start again. Short, not scary at all, and looked so unrealistic (even for an alien realm) that I didn't once feel immersed.
I'm gonna just go out on a limb here and say you don't have Amnesia patch 1.2?

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(09-09-2011, 08:42 PM)Abengoshis Wrote: The levels looked badly made and I fell behind the warp to Earth on my first playthrough so I had to start again. Short, not scary at all, and looked so unrealistic (even for an alien realm) that I didn't once feel immersed.

If you don't think this is a good custom story, then you should just skip out on the whole custom story thing for amnesia, because this is about as good as it gets

Posting Freak
09-10-2011, 04:20 AM
Website Find