Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level editor opens up in a very small window, how to fix the resolution??
Outermostflame6 Offline

Threads: 1
Level editor opens up in a very small window, how to fix the resolution??

The level editor opens up in a window that is so small i cant change the resolution back to normal.
I'm guessing this is happening because i was messing with the resolution in the options menu trying to get it to fit my screen and to make the story short, The resolution is set really small and i dont know how to change it back.
Im not able to go into file, or the options menu to change it back because the window is so small that all i can see is the border and the grayish white background just above the file menu.
ive seen on one thread how someone changed the resolution in the .cfg file but i dont know where to find it and what to change.
06-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39
RE: Level editor opens up in a very small window, how to fix the resolution??

(06-02-2011, 07:38 PM)Outermostflame6 Wrote: The level editor opens up in a window that is so small i cant change the resolution back to normal.
I'm guessing this is happening because i was messing with the resolution in the options menu trying to get it to fit my screen and to make the story short, The resolution is set really small and i dont know how to change it back.
Im not able to go into file, or the options menu to change it back because the window is so small that all i can see is the border and the grayish white background just above the file menu.
ive seen on one thread how someone changed the resolution in the .cfg file but i dont know where to find it and what to change.

Open the editor suite archive and remove every file that has the same name of the files into the suite. (watch out, don't delete game files!) then, put the editor suite as you did the first time you got it, and i think it'll be back to normal.

I hope it helps! Angel
06-02-2011, 08:05 PM
Website Find
Luis Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 19

You can find the settings file (LevelEditor.cfg) in the HPL2 folder under your "My documents" folder (I'm assuming you are on Windows).

Hope that helps Smile

EOF
06-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Find
Outermostflame6 Offline

Open the editor suite archive[/u][/u] and remove every file that has the same name of the files into the suite. (watch out, don't delete game files!) then, put the editor suite as you did the first time you got it, and i think it'll be back to normal.

I hope it helps! Angel
[/quote]

What do you mean by the editor suite archive? just a little more description would help
06-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(06-02-2011, 08:11 PM)Outermostflame6 Wrote: Open the editor suite archive[/u][/u] and remove every file that has the same name of the files into the suite. (watch out, don't delete game files!) then, put the editor suite as you did the first time you got it, and i think it'll be back to normal.

I hope it helps! Angel

What do you mean by the editor suite archive? just a little more description would help

When you downloaded the suite editor
It was inside an archive. Try to remove those files with the same name and put them back in the redist folder from the archive,
Or else try Luis' idea that looks much easier

Wink

EDIT: Try to redownload it again if you cant find it.
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2011, 08:17 PM by Hardarm.)
06-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Website Find
Outermostflame6 Offline

(06-02-2011, 08:10 PM)Luis Wrote: You can find the settings file (LevelEditor.cfg) in the HPL2 folder under your "My documents" folder (I'm assuming you are on Windows).

Hope that helps Smile

This worked, thank you a whole lot!
I changed the height, which was set at 10...
06-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

You know in your LevelEditor.cfg that where it says FullScreen=""

Make it to:

FullScreen="true"

Just in case you didn't know how to make it fullscreen. The post above ^, is about changing the height instead. :/

(This post was last modified: 06-03-2011, 11:36 AM by Kyle.)
06-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

...Or just go into the level editor settings, trough the level editor itself and change the resolution there to the resolution of your screen.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
06-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

(06-04-2011, 01:57 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: ...Or just go into the level editor settings, trough the level editor itself and change the resolution there to the resolution of your screen.

Exactly. I don't know what everyone is going on about with this config file nonsense.
06-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Find