Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I change this texture?
Mooserider Offline

Threads: 11
Question  How do I change this texture?

Hi! I'm currently trying to make a new entity - exactly the same as the "orb_pedestal_tar" entity except with a re-texture so that it looks like blood. So here's what I did:

1. Copied all the files for the entity into a new folder called "orb_blood"
2. Renamed all the files to orb_blood
3. Gave the .DDS a red tint in Paint.Net
4. Changed the .MAT to point to the new .DDS
5. Opened the .ENT in the model editor and applied the .MAT (The thumbnail shows the red version)

But when I load the entity in the Level editor it still shows the old black texture, and when I'm in the model editor the texture doesn't show up at all (Though I think it was like that to begin with). So yeah, I'm really sorry, I've probably missed something obvious that's staring me in the face but I can't figure it out. If someone could tell me the exact process it would help for a lot of things throughout my story, not just this.

Thanks in advance!

Working on a FC: "Don't Let Go "
06-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: How do I change this texture?

Try opening the .dae file in your text editor and changing the texture files it uses there. Then import the modified .dae and apply the .mat file and re-create the entity.

It could be that your .ent points to the original orb's .dae file, which in turn points to its default texture (not red).

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2011, 11:38 AM by palistov.)
06-08-2011, 11:37 AM
Find