Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doors are just "Stuck" no matter what-Help please
jssjr90 Offline

Threads: 39
Question  Doors are just "Stuck" no matter what-Help please

Hi everyone, I came to a little but frustrating problem. I was in the process of making an outdoor level with a creepy manor that you can go inside.

Anyways when I placed the front gate "elevator door" it would not open what so ever, yes it was positioned right. So I tried the mansion door for a test run, again it would not open what so ever, yes the door is unlocked.
I don't get it what is going on with the physics?

I also put some containers "boxes or crates" and when I lifted them it took a second to actually grab them, its like gravity was pulling them down. This is vary strange. This does not happen to my other maps. So how can I fix this door getting stuck problem?
06-12-2011, 04:46 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Doors are just "Stuck" no matter what-Help please

It's probably because the door is not centered in the doorway, both vertically and horizontally. Zoom in close and turn off snap sizing (the magnet button in the bottom left; make sure it is not depressed). Move your door so it fits the doorway exactly.

As for the boxes, it is likely the bottom of the box is underneath your ground plane. Raise it so it is a tiny bit above ground. Physics will take care of the rest Smile

When I detail my maps, I almost always have entities that have physics placed noticeably above the floor/shelf/desk, etc which they are supposed to be on, so that they will fall into place. Good luck Smile

06-12-2011, 05:12 AM
Find
jssjr90 Offline

I still did that, the door fix you suggested, it still gets stuck.
06-12-2011, 06:41 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Maybe you have grass or a pine tree and its collision mesh is stopping your door?

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
06-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Find
jssjr90 Offline

even if I had the door in mid air it would still get stuck. The doors are getting stuck not matter what, i mean literary no matter what.
06-13-2011, 12:50 AM
Find
Rownbear Offline

Threads: 13

Just to be certain, make a door frame and a door, have some spacing on the top of the door and underneath. You can make the door frame alittle bit bigger, also make sure you dont have [static_object] and [locked] activated in the door entities.

(This post was last modified: 06-13-2011, 01:04 AM by Rownbear.)
06-13-2011, 01:03 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

And check trough teh model editor if you didn't modify the entity. Check if you are using the normal door entity. If nothing works, reinstall the game.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
06-13-2011, 01:13 AM
Find