Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Black Plague (spoiler): door won't open
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6
Black Plague (spoiler): door won't open

Ok, I picked up the mystery chemical, activated the emergency shutdown, made my way through the tunnels, flipped the switch for the exit, headed through the automatic glass sliding door, can see that the exit has the green light on, and... can't get through the exit.

The door just won't open. I have about half a minute to go, and despite trying to encourage it to open by exiting and re-entering the automatic sliding door, the door refuses to open. The countdown ends, I die. I've tried several times in a row, and it never opens. Suggestions?
11-14-2010, 01:44 PM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

RE: Black Plague (spoiler): door won't open

Ok, well this has entirely broken the game for me. I can't get any further.
11-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Find
house Offline

Threads: 11

Hmm... Did you get the Substance?
11-17-2010, 05:09 AM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

Yep, I picked up the substance and I'm carrying it with me in the jar. None of the walkthroughs I've read are very detailed on this section. They just tell you to get through the tunnels in the wall and leave through the door. They don't mention that the door is locked at first and you need to flip a switch to (supposedly), open it.
11-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Are you going the correct direction? It sounds as if you, after exciting the tunnel, is going in the direction back into the level and not the other direction where you exit the level.
11-17-2010, 06:45 AM
Website Find
Fortigurn Offline

Well there's only one direction to go in, through the wall. There's no way I'm going back through the door with the infected pounding on it, and once you go through the wall the tunnels lead you in only one direction. All the annoying blurring and shaking around makes it difficult to see where you are, but when you crawl out of the last tunnel and stand up again, you find yourself in a room which leads in only one direction, as far as I can see. Am I right to think that I need to go through a glass sliding door first and into a sort of 'airlock' with another door at the end?
Ok, I just watched this and noted:

* His passage through the tunnels doesn't suffer from anywhere near the amount of blurring and shaking mine does

* I'm turning right not left; heading through the wrong door!

Sorry about that, will give this a go later tonight. Oh and by the way, earlier I threw the chemicals in the machine in no particular order. I hope that doesn't matter, and it's only the mixing order which matters.
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2010, 06:57 AM by Fortigurn.)
11-17-2010, 06:49 AM
Find