Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What is missing in amnesia?
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
RE: What is missing in amnesia?

DMM? Digital Molecular Mater.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
06-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

(06-15-2011, 12:49 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: DMM? Digital Molecular Mater.

Digital Master Mind?

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
06-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

This was a serious thread.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
06-15-2011, 01:59 PM
Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

Guns and that crap would ruin the game TOTALY!. The scary shit about the game is that YOU CAN'T DEFEND YOUR SELF!. new monster who's bigger would be awesome and shit ass scary!.

I was hopeing for a singleplayer story and a multiplayer story. Ofcourse it might be a little bit scarier if your just one person but it would also be funnier if you could play co-op Smile.

thanks.

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
06-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I really liked Amnesia as it were, the first time I played it. Now that you have created some maps and scripted some you have learned the programmed behaviour of the monsters, game mechanics etc. You really fear the unknown, that's it. Knowing makes it less scary.

What I would like to see:
-Friendly NPCs (as mentioned in the first post)
-Different AI for different monsters.
As it is now brutes, grunts and water monsters have the same AI. What if there was a sniffer?
Like a monster which could follow your trail by sniffing the ground. Or a "creeper" something which would set up ambushes on you - hiding itself in closets etc. Perhaps something batlike which would crawl up walls and ceilings. That would make for some random encounters, not scripted ones, but set up by the AI. The era of "blind attacks" would be over, where the monster simply runs after you until it gets you. I imagine "the creeper" to have a more hyena like behaviour, perhaps first striking at you to then flee and hide itself - waiting for a good chance to come back at you. By adding some monster variety the player would have a hard time anticipating what is hunting him - and as I mentioned above people fear the unknown.
-The rest would simply be engine upgrades (lighting, graphics etc.).

What I would like to keep:
-The detailed lore which allowed the player to make multiple assumptions on what was going on. It created a mystery with many interpretations. I actually thought it was so good that sometimes, when I was really scared to continue, the thirst for knowing more of the story drove me forward.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

06-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Nice ideas for new monsters.

06-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(06-15-2011, 02:35 PM)Acies Wrote: I really liked Amnesia as it were, the first time I played it. Now that you have created some maps and scripted some you have learned the programmed behaviour of the monsters, game mechanics etc. You really fear the unknown, that's it. Knowing makes it less scary.

What I would like to see:
-Friendly NPCs (as mentioned in the first post)
-Different AI for different monsters.
As it is now brutes, grunts and water monsters have the same AI. What if there was a sniffer?
Like a monster which could follow your trail by sniffing the ground. Or a "creeper" something which would set up ambushes on you - hiding itself in closets etc. Perhaps something batlike which would crawl up walls and ceilings. That would make for some random encounters, not scripted ones, but set up by the AI. The era of "blind attacks" would be over, where the monster simply runs after you until it gets you. I imagine "the creeper" to have a more hyena like behaviour, perhaps first striking at you to then flee and hide itself - waiting for a good chance to come back at you. By adding some monster variety the player would have a hard time anticipating what is hunting him - and as I mentioned above people fear the unknown.
-The rest would simply be engine upgrades (lighting, graphics etc.).

What I would like to keep:
-The detailed lore which allowed the player to make multiple assumptions on what was going on. It created a mystery with many interpretations. I actually thought it was so good that sometimes, when I was really scared to continue, the thirst for knowing more of the story drove me forward.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

i think you gave me a idea... BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

06-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Website Find