Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Graphics Card not recognizing!!
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Graphics Card not recognizing!!

My main pc actually has an AMD embedded card but I'm using a Nvidia one. I may had problems too but I did something different. If the pc is desktop there is a high probability that you can disable the onboard gpu from bios or sometimes even within windows. Are you sure you have 2 cards? One embedded and one regular?
06-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Find
amnesiauser9392 Offline

Threads: 3

(06-18-2011, 01:18 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: My main pc actually has an AMD embedded card but I'm using a Nvidia one. I may had problems too but I did something different. If the pc is desktop there is a high probability that you can disable the onboard gpu from bios or sometimes even within windows. Are you sure you have 2 cards? One embedded and one regular?

I only have 1 card to choose from and it is intergrated. I have tried many times to re-install drivers etc.
06-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(06-20-2011, 09:59 AM)amnesiauser9392 Wrote:
(06-18-2011, 01:18 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: My main pc actually has an AMD embedded card but I'm using a Nvidia one. I may had problems too but I did something different. If the pc is desktop there is a high probability that you can disable the onboard gpu from bios or sometimes even within windows. Are you sure you have 2 cards? One embedded and one regular?

I only have 1 card to choose from and it is intergrated. I have tried many times to re-install drivers etc.

if it is a desktop it should be safe to disable the embedded card completely within windows
06-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Find
amnesiauser9392 Offline

(06-20-2011, 10:03 AM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(06-20-2011, 09:59 AM)amnesiauser9392 Wrote:

if it is a desktop it should be safe to disable the embedded card completely within windows

So if I disable the driver then enable it, will it work?? Could you please walk me through all of the steps to get the game working? And one other question, should I re-install the game???
06-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(06-21-2011, 09:41 AM)amnesiauser9392 Wrote: So if I disable the driver then enable it, will it work?? Could you please walk me through all of the steps to get the game working? And one other question, should I re-install the game???

Go into the "device manager" which is found by entering System in Control Panel and then clicking on the "Hardware". Find the display drivers and the right click on the card that is NOT your main graphics card, and choose disable. Reboot and try again.

Source: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html
06-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Find
amnesiauser9392 Offline

(06-21-2011, 09:45 AM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(06-21-2011, 09:41 AM)amnesiauser9392 Wrote: So if I disable the driver then enable it, will it work?? Could you please walk me through all of the steps to get the game working? And one other question, should I re-install the game???

Go into the "device manager" which is found by entering System in Control Panel and then clicking on the "Hardware". Find the display drivers and the right click on the card that is NOT your main graphics card, and choose disable. Reboot and try again.

Source: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3754.html

I will repeat myself: I have a desktop and only have ONE MAIN GRAPHICS CARD!!! Which is an "ATI RadeonHD 4650"

when I go to display drivers, there is only one card to choose from!
06-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

OK, I think it is a corrupted graphics driver problem. Do these:

1) Download Driver Sweeper and install it. Do not run it yet.
2) Uninstall the AMD drivers and all of their components.
3) Now run Driver Sweeper. Select all AMD, ATI, NVIDIA, PHYSIX traces and if it founds something delete them all.
4) Reboot your system and then download this(Catalyst 11.6, do not use the latest beta or something else - 11.6 should be perfect):

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...xp-32.aspx

5) After installation reboot your system again. Make sure that in device manager your AMD card appears correctly and try launching the game again.
06-22-2011, 08:57 AM
Find
amnesiauser9392 Offline

(06-22-2011, 08:57 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: OK, I think it is a corrupted graphics driver problem. Do these:

3) Now run Driver Sweeper. Select all AMD, ATI, NVIDIA, PHYSIX traces and if it founds something delete them all.
4) Reboot your system and then download this(Catalyst 11.6, do not use the latest beta or something else - 11.6 should be perfect):

5) After installation reboot your system again. Make sure that in device manager your AMD card appears correctly and try launching the game again.

ok I'll try all of this, If this does not work I give up!! Sad

(06-22-2011, 10:38 AM)amnesiauser9392 Wrote:
(06-22-2011, 08:57 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: OK, I think it is a corrupted graphics driver problem. Do these:

ok I'll try all of this, If this does not work I give up!! Sad

I've uninstalled all ATI/AMD drivers and software and cleaned AMD components and nVidia components with Driver Sweeper and it has rebooted. I have downloaded the drivers from the link you sent me, can you tell me how to install them properly??

I installed the Catalyst software 11.6, but my driver does not appear in Device Manager. I don't think I installed it properly, it hasn't done anything. Could you please guide me through the steps on how to install this driver? Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2011, 11:29 AM by amnesiauser9392.)
06-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Find