Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Story Won't Save Progress
killercuts Offline

Threads: 1
Custom Story Won't Save Progress

Hi,

I am currently playing through "The Curse of Brewer Manor" and I can't seem to save my progress. I have tried saving and exiting, but it doesn't save. The Amnesia folder in Documents is not read-only.

Help?
06-24-2011, 05:33 AM
Find
Synatic Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Custom Story Won't Save Progress

i did expierience that during Abduction, had to play first 30 minutes again, i dont know if its author fail or the engine... guess u want to speed run the whole thing up to ur rage quit Smile make sure to restart and exit on start, that worked for me, at least creating a save
06-24-2011, 05:57 AM
Find
killercuts Offline

Threads: 1

I am not sure if what you told me did it, but it is now saving like normal.

Thanks a lot, man!
06-24-2011, 06:27 AM
Find
Synatic Offline

Threads: 2

ur welcome i wasn't even sure why it worked for me :> but who cares Big Grin if someone else reads this i'd still like to know if this is due to the game itself or some sloppy script from the author of the custom story... Smile
06-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Find
GregorusPrime Offline

Threads: 0

I'm having this same issue and I can't seem to find any reason for it. Unless there's no save checkpoint for the first ten minutes of La Caza I have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it. I'm going to try changing the Amnesia folder from read-only to writeable and see if that fixes anything, but this has happened with every custom story I've played, both on my current computer and my prior one. Any ideas would be appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind, issue seems to have resolved itself. I think I was just looking in the wrong menu, under "load game" instead of clicking the custom story in question.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2011, 03:01 AM by GregorusPrime.)
09-12-2011, 02:16 AM
Find
UnseenLegend ( NL ) Offline

Threads: 10

(09-12-2011, 02:16 AM)GregorusPrime Wrote: I'm having this same issue and I can't seem to find any reason for it. Unless there's no save checkpoint for the first ten minutes of La Caza I have no idea why this is happening or how to fix it. I'm going to try changing the Amnesia folder from read-only to writeable and see if that fixes anything, but this has happened with every custom story I've played, both on my current computer and my prior one. Any ideas would be appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind, issue seems to have resolved itself. I think I was just looking in the wrong menu, under "load game" instead of clicking the custom story in question.
oke put [SOLVED] on your Thread So we know your problem is Solved Smile

[Image: read-image.asp?n=n-20121202110321-m.jpg&r=8]
09-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Find
Lleviathyn Offline

Threads: 3

Bump.

Hey guys, sorry for reviving this old thread, but I've recently purchased Amnesia: TDD, and after completing the main story, I decided to try some custom stories, and now I'm getting this problem. I tried unchecking read-only, but when I go to make sure its unchecked, its already checked itself again!

EDIT: It seems to have fixed itself somehow, how odd.

Can't seem to delete my post, so I guess this will remain bumped.Undecided
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2013, 04:49 AM by Lleviathyn.)
03-17-2013, 04:29 AM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

Having the same problem. Perhaps my issue will also resolve itself somehow mysteriously.

I don't see the name of the level I last played in a custom story when I click on 'Load Game'. I'm assuming this is where it would be found.... There's nothing indicating that last place I made it to (not even any 'checkpoints/save-points'). I'll try it again to see if it ACTUALLY saved this time... try to load my previously saved game. But still, I had the game lag really really bad after speed-running back up (towards) to where I was last playing.

I'll come back and edit and report if it's magically fixed. Undecided

edit: Whatever it did -- it did. Save/Checkpoints are now listed.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2013, 08:50 PM by Tetrafish.)
03-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Find
Superspiny Offline

Threads: 0

I am sorry for reviving this but i have a serious problem.
I bought amnesia on steam not too long ago and after completing it I downloaded a custom story (The Great Work). I put it in the custom stories folder and played it. The problem is that when i click "save and exit" it never saves. Whenever i try to load it i go into custom stories, select the great work and all there is is "start" and "cancel". Can anyone tell me why there is no "continue" option?
04-27-2013, 11:43 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(04-27-2013, 11:43 PM)Superspiny Wrote: I am sorry for reviving this but i have a serious problem.
I bought amnesia on steam not too long ago and after completing it I downloaded a custom story (The Great Work). I put it in the custom stories folder and played it. The problem is that when i click "save and exit" it never saves. Whenever i try to load it i go into custom stories, select the great work and all there is is "start" and "cancel". Can anyone tell me why there is no "continue" option?

In My Documents/Amnesia/Main/<username>/ or something like that, check the custom folder. Check if you have The Great Work or not. Btw when you download it, is there a .bat file in there?

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-28-2013, 12:29 AM
Find