Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Dementia
Devoid Offline

Threads: 1
Brick  Dementia

Nice little custom story I'm working on.

You wake up alone in a cell, except, you feel you aren't quite there. There's something else to all of this, something you can't identify. Nevertheless, you press forward, you continue on, and you attempt to discover yourself and reveal the secrets hidden among your surroundings. You feel as though your own mind is deteriorating, and you lose a part of yourself with each passing moment. You are on limited time, you must reveal the truth, and not succumb to the dementia that plagues you.

Screens:
Spoiler below!
[Image: sKKCk.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: pyMFF.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: J8E4Z.jpg]
Spoiler below!
[Image: uU4iS.jpg]

I'll be updating things whenever something new comes up!

First Section
Total: 60%
Outline: 100%
Maps: 80%
Scripting: 50%
Detail: 35%
Story: 100%
Lighting: 20%

Second Section

Total: 10%
Outline: 75%
Maps: 5%
Scripting: 0%
Detail: 0%
Story: 50%
Lighting: 0%

Third Section
Total: 5%
Outline: 20%
Maps: 0%
Scripting: 0%
Detail: 0%
Story: 20%
Lighting: 0%
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2011, 05:34 AM by Devoid.)
06-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Dementia

Ok quick question, is it supposed to go completely black once you enter the 'Infirmary'? I could only see by hitting tab, it somehow illuminated the area, where as nothing else, not even a lantern, did.
06-25-2011, 01:39 AM
Find
Devoid Offline

(06-25-2011, 01:39 AM)Ghostflame Wrote: Ok quick question, is it supposed to go completely black once you enter the 'Infirmary'? I could only see by hitting tab, it somehow illuminated the area, where as nothing else, not even a lantern, did.

Hm, The first 3-4 seconds DO start with a black screen, but the way you put it makes it seem like it was later on, I'll look into it.

EDIT: Oh god I just realized what the problem is. How stupid of me, completely breaks the mod too. I'll patch it up real quick and re-upload

EDIT2: Ok, fixed and re-uploaded to both sites, terribly sorry about that
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2011, 02:17 AM by Devoid.)
06-25-2011, 01:42 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

Unique story, I loved the setting and feel of it. There was an ample amount of oil in each room which was great, I hate it when custom stories give you a pathetic supply of it, having to walk around in the dark for hours on end, it does add to the atmosphere but after a while it gets annoying. When I got to the retribution door and entered it, I fell through the floor in the next area and died. I replayed the story and it happened again, I am guessing this is the end of the story. If so then it is great so far and I'm very interested to see what happens with it next Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
06-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Find
Doctorcheese Offline

Threads: 28

Looks pretty cool, can't play it at this computer though Sad

''Sick, twisted child... You'll burn for this!''
06-25-2011, 09:19 AM
Find
bobbo Offline

Yay, something new to play. Smile

But i didn't like that the tasks are very repetitive: In each section the player has to find a hidden key to move on. Maybe it would help to change some keys for a crowbar or a lever to find? Also, some more notes around the story would be nice - but I guess those will follow when there are more maps. I didn't like that the end was just falling through the floor. Adding an ending screen there would make it clear that it is the end.
06-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Hmmm... I keep falling through the floor in the Retribution area. Is that the end? Also.... Im not so impresed with the custom story. Maybe the full version will be better ?
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2011, 11:02 AM by skypeskype.)
06-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Website Find
Devoid Offline

I'm quite happy with some of the replies made.

As to the 'Retribution' glitch,
While it IS the final level, and there's nothing really in it, other than a couple 50 Brutes. The problem has already been patched, but as it being nothing of a big deal, I'll wait till there are some serious developments till I update it.
07-01-2011, 02:11 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

yes, i"m too experiencing trouble in Retribution area and falling down through floor
[Image: bugggl.th.jpg]
fix that!

btw, it was very clever idea to hide key from first room (not cellar , something new Wink)
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2011, 06:10 PM by Dark Knight.)
07-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Find
Whowantsabighug Offline

The game blows up and boots me out when i open the door to the infirmiry checkpoint, but otherwise it was great.

One critism i do have (from the small amount i have played) is that the scares come too quickly.
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2011, 09:11 PM by Whowantsabighug.)
07-01-2011, 09:00 PM
Find