Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Request Easy Scripting Tool
Russ Money Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Easy Scripting Tool

(06-28-2011, 04:19 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: Not a bad idea actually. Let me cook something up in Flash and see if I can get a simple idea going.

If I were to make it a full-fledged program, could I perhaps get some friendly donations? It would actually require a lot of work and would accomplish something that doesn't benefit me at all.

If you cash in on something that is so simple to do, I will laugh at the idiots who buy it.

06-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(06-28-2011, 05:12 PM)Russ Money Wrote:
(06-28-2011, 04:19 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: Not a bad idea actually. Let me cook something up in Flash and see if I can get a simple idea going.

If I were to make it a full-fledged program, could I perhaps get some friendly donations? It would actually require a lot of work and would accomplish something that doesn't benefit me at all.

If you cash in on something that is so simple to do, I will laugh at the idiots who buy it.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Donation
(You should probably read what donation means)

Also, if it is that easy, could you make a program that dynamically generates AngelScript suitable to .HPS files based on an easy user interface?

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2011, 05:53 PM by DamnNoHtml.)
06-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

@Russ Money - How is that simple?! And buy what??

@DamnNoHtml - Agreed. Good luck if you're gonna make it man.

06-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

There could be a way to make a sort of easy user interface. Perhaps one that works in pieces, where the modder picks out certain parts of commands and then fill in the blank for each.

For example:

Modder wants this: AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "ScriptArea_1", "Func01", true, 1);

So the modder first goes through the lists of commands under callbacks and then under a small list of collides. There would be a RemoveEntityCollideCallback and a AddEntityCollideCallback. So they select that one and then it asks the modder a series of questions. It could ask, "What do you want to collide?" and then have 2 blanks, one for the string &in asParent and another for the string &in asChild. Then it asks, "What function to be called?" Which obviously calls the function, or better yet, the modder has the choice to either create a new function or use an existing one for it. Then it asks if the callback should be deleted or not once called. Which could have the modder check a box for true, or click next to continue or something. Then it asks if you want the collision to occur on touch, on then out of touch, or both. Once the modder gets through that, he could generate other commands in that function (even though naturally all of the commands are calling functions Tongue ) using that same drop down box that allowed him to get to the AddEntityCollideCallback.

06-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

No, I'm saying that scripting is very easy to do. Not make a program.

06-28-2011, 06:30 PM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

That still means he wouldn't cash in on something that's easy to do, rather cashing in on something that might be hard to create but what the program does is actually simple to make without the use of the program..
06-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

It would just be for beginners. I wouldn't be cashing in on anything. It would obviously be free. Y U NO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT DONATION MEANS.

Something like this.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/9a21...5bc5bb787d

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2011, 06:37 PM by DamnNoHtml.)
06-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

(06-28-2011, 06:33 PM)Shadowfied Wrote: That still means he wouldn't cash in on something that's easy to do, rather cashing in on something that might be hard to create but what the program does is actually simple to make without the use of the program..

What I'm saying is, he asked for donations for a program that isn't really necessary because scripting is so easy.

06-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

(06-28-2011, 06:38 PM)Russ Money Wrote:
(06-28-2011, 06:33 PM)Shadowfied Wrote: That still means he wouldn't cash in on something that's easy to do, rather cashing in on something that might be hard to create but what the program does is actually simple to make without the use of the program..

What I'm saying is, he asked for donations for a program that isn't really necessary because scripting is so easy.

You are more ignorant than I thought man, I am disappointed in you. Not everyone knows how to use high-level computer languages, even if it as simple as copy and pasting, there is still syntax and little things the common person has no idea about.

06-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Find
Russ Money Offline

And why would you get so uppity for me saying I'd laugh at the people who donated to your program, let alone use it? Once again, scripting in Amnesia is so simple that you shouldn't be using a program to do it.

Plus, if you wanted to do it for free, why even mention asking for donations before this program is even built?

06-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Find