Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Request Easy Scripting Tool
awsh Offline

Threads: 3
Easy Scripting Tool

For me, and for quite a few other people, I am sure, I have a lot of trouble scripting and I really don't want to spend a lot of time learning how to, as I would probably spend uneeded months of that instead of an actual project. So with this thread, I am hoping someone would be able to create an "Easy Scripting Tool" to be used when creating a level. For an example of this kind of tool, take a look at the scripting sequences used for RPG Maker VX, as that is what I hope we will be aiming for. It's really simple, you just select what you want to happen in the box, and then it automatically scripts the event. I also would suggest keeping normal scripting for anyone who likes that better, but if someone could create something like this, I would truly grateful and it would help many of us n00bs with scripting.

You just lost the game.
06-27-2011, 09:06 PM
Website Find
Shadowfied Offline

Threads: 34
RE: Easy Scripting Tool

I know exactly how you feel, I felt the same at first but you really do learn the scripting in Amnesia very fast, especially if you've used programs like RPG maker so you still know what you want to do.

Good luck though, hope someone will be able to do it, would probably be tons of more custom stories then.
06-27-2011, 09:15 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

I don't know how much simpler scripting can get though. No to be mean or anything, but everything you use is premade... It's a bunch of function calls really...

06-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

Scripting is easy once you script enough. I'm only 13 and I can easily make some epic encounter in a few minutes. Not to say you're being lazy or anything, but if you want a good custom story to work with scripting, you'll have to learn it some way or another. On this forum, people are willing to help you script and also help you overall. You should use that to your advantage when learning how to script. It's best not to take big steps. When you start learning, it would be best to hone your skills before trying something with your custom story with making a practice map. :/

06-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Find
Shadowfied Offline

At first I was just copying parts of scripts from other maps to try to understand it, at first nothing made sense to me but then after some time almost everything makes sense and now I can script without having to copy.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2011, 09:21 PM by Shadowfied.)
06-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

Don't be afraid to ask for help , the FG community is realy realy kind and will help you.
Good luck.

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
06-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Find
Dizturbed Offline

Threads: 39

I think that alot new custom storys would show up if that would suceed, Good luck with your request! Wink

06-28-2011, 03:13 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Pointless. If there was someone to make this, that person would be probably thomas, the programmer of FG, which I bet that has better stuff to do.
If you can't script, you can't mod alone, find someone who can to be a part of your team, or learn how to. Scripting for amnesia is really easy. I wouldn't call it scripting since it has nothing to do with programming but the syntax, but it's up to you to decide what to do.

You probably find more fun in creating 3d environments, so do that and find someone to script them for you.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2011, 12:42 PM by nemesis567.)
06-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Find
TheDavenia Offline

Threads: 38

(06-27-2011, 10:10 PM)xtron Wrote: Don't be afraid to ask for help , the FG community is realy realy kind and will help you.
Good luck.

Why is there no thumbs up button on posts?
Tongue

Current Project: Nightmare's End(Project Director, Scripter, boss >:D)
06-28-2011, 03:09 PM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Not a bad idea actually. Let me cook something up in Flash and see if I can get a simple idea going.

If I were to make it a full-fledged program, could I perhaps get some friendly donations? It would actually require a lot of work and would accomplish something that doesn't benefit me at all.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2011, 04:21 PM by DamnNoHtml.)
06-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Find