Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Animation In FG games
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65
Animation In FG games

Has FG used IK or FK for animation in their characters?

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
06-30-2011, 04:33 PM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18
RE: Animation In FG games

No, I don't think those are supported in OpenCollada files, not sure though. At the very least general constraints and splines aren't.

None of the models I've seen have used them (grunt, brute, ragdoll naked guy, prisoner guy with animations).

You could try using them though. It'll give an error saying it's not supported in Maya when exporting if it isn't.
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2011, 07:40 PM by MrBigzy.)
06-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

It must use one of them, for what I've seen it seems to use Forward Kinematics, but I may be missing something.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
07-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Find
Jinmurasaki Offline

Threads: 0

From what I've experienced so far the animations need to be keyed directly on the bones but I've found an easy way to do this. Rig your character with all of the FK/IK you need, do the animation and then when you go to export it, use the Bake Simulation feature on all of the bones in the rig and it will bake all of the animated movement straight to the bones. You can then export the model and the bones without the constraints. Tell me how it goes, I'm currently on that phase of a custom enemy at this point.
07-03-2011, 06:22 AM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Ok, that still doesn't answer if it is using FK or IK solvers..

07-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Find