Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

When will come out the second episode? Your thoughts about it...
Koi Kitsune2006 Offline

Threads: 4
RE: When will come out the second episode? Your thoughts about it...

There is gonna be an enemy where it chases you through every room... It follows you without stopping like in RE3... It follows you through doors and other doors that you have to load... You gotta hide in old lockers... Boxes... And small mine caves to escape from it... It is very gruesome with 7 tentacles, 5 bug eyes, slime all over its body, sharp teeth, humongous feet, nasty looking fingers, and an awful shriek that will make you tremble in the dark... It follows you at any random time without you even knowing it. You could be solving a puzzle... And in the middle of your solution, you turn around and BAM! He is right in front of you. He pulls you up and gets a good look at you and then tosses you to the other side of the room. You must run the hell outta there and try to out run him... He is mean and ugly, fast and strong. Can you survive??? No.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2007, 10:00 PM by bj0ern.)
06-12-2007, 10:00 PM
Find
Neural Tech Offline

Threads: 2

THAT ^ is what I'm talking about - THAT sounds action packed for sure!!!!

The player needs this type of "unexpected" horror to drop in on him/her randomly throughout the game..... talk about badass and scary... talk about feeling helpless - this would surely do the trick.

Awesome idea!! ^

My hat's off to you sir.

: )
06-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

nah, that's not scary. I have one of those at my job.
06-12-2007, 10:58 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Koi Kitsune2006 Wrote:There is gonna be an enemy where it chases you through every room... It follows you without stopping like in RE3... It follows you through doors and other doors that you have to load... You gotta hide in old lockers... Boxes... And small mine caves to escape from it... It is very gruesome with 7 tentacles, 5 bug eyes, slime all over its body, sharp teeth, humongous feet, nasty looking fingers, and an awful shriek that will make you tremble in the dark... It follows you at any random time without you even knowing it. You could be solving a puzzle... And in the middle of your solution, you turn around and BAM! He is right in front of you. He pulls you up and gets a good look at you and then tosses you to the other side of the room. You must run the hell outta there and try to out run him... He is mean and ugly, fast and strong. Can you survive??? No.

That's already in Fiend. And it would not work with Penumbra.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2007, 06:55 PM by Ano.)
09-18-2007, 06:55 PM
Website Find
JohnO Offline

Threads: 0

Why all this firearm euphoria? I'm sure everyone remembers, at the beginning of the game Phillip explains the two different ways he can use a tool/weapon. I have to say I really expected some form of blade in Ep 1, especially since the narration suggests almost too obviously, that he can "perform a stabbing motion" with the tool.

Should there be any weapons added(and here I agree, they should be!:), I think the first category the devs should consider are blades, any kind of blade, really, just something you can stab an attacker with. Obviously, it's not going to be that easy, since Phillip is a scientist, not a man trained for combat, especially melee. And if you think about it, a knife(or a "home-made" spear, ...)is still a pretty clumsy weapon if you're inexperienced. And I'm not talking about some 12'' machette here, hell no! Maybe an old (rusty, of course) survival knife or a kitchen knife(the people down there had to eat, too, I figure) or maybe a meat cleaver. Also a piece of rope, a 3 or 4-foot long stick/rod and something sharp or pointy would be cool, really DIY and of course it could be broken after some use. Or maybe a 2x4 with a nail(s) sticking out of it, from a shattered crate(like in that "horror" game from SEGA, the name of which I can't possibly remember). Guns really have no place in a game like this, though I am fond of the flaregun idea, but like the name says, it's a flaregun and not (primarily:) intended for dealing physical damage.

I must also say I like the thought of having (some kind of) armor, like a thick sweater or a leather jacket, heavy duty pants,... because it's cold down there. Well, not everywhere, but you get the point. Phillip complains about the cold, you walk in a room(a wardrobe perhaps) and there is a sweater or a jacket. You put it on and Phillip is warm and happy(well, for the moment:). But it could have a nice side effect; dog bites don't do as much damage(nothing drastic, slightly noticeable), as well as spider bites etc. A leather jacket could also be some sort of defense against steam(again, on a minor scale). Of course a jacket or a sweater,... would be torn apart by several dog bites(we've all seen the teeth on those monsters), and eventually he would have to discard them.

As I was writing the previous paragraph, another idea crossed my mind - wouldn't it be nice if Phillip could find some junk(like a strong elastic band, a small plastic cup,and a wishbone-shaped, but sturdy item)? Did you catch my drift? As an added reality feature, since there is no crosshair(and that is good!), aiming would be really difficult, though I can't think of a way of implementing how you interact with weapons in this game, you'd have to stick with "push button" for "arm" and "move around" for aim. The slingshot wouldn't do any real damage to dogs, but would be amazingly effective against spiders - that is, if you can hit them, that's the catch! Also, you could use pretty much everything that has the right size for ammo - if you find it that is:). It would also be a brilliant demonstration of the physics enigne, since heavy, compact and hard items, such as rock pebbles would do substantial damage, whereas light or/and breakable objects wouldn't. There should also be categorization for the projectiles, like "heavy", "hard", "sharp", "soft", "brittle",... Maybe picking up an empty bottle and breaking it on a spiders "head" would also be ok. The bottle would break eventually, of course:).

There, that's it for now, I'm not out of ideas, just the "flow" is gone,... for now:) I hope you like it!

M
09-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Find