Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do I make Diary?
Angerpull Offline

Threads: 24
Shocked  How do I make Diary?

Hello everyone! I have come a long way with my custom story and now I just need to place down diaries. But I have no idea how to do this. I search the forums for help and they can't help, but I saw this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnCAbgTY6d8

But his explanation was too poor to use.

So I was wondering if anyone would kindly just tell me how I can make a diary work within my custom story.

And don't just say "Copy this, paste that". I want a full explanation on How, Why and When to use something in the script.

-Angerpull Angel
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2011, 04:41 PM by Angerpull.)
07-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Find
AlexxShadenk777 Offline

Threads: 5
RE: How do I make Diary?

You searched for the wrong video, I guess. This is what you want to learn. I followed it myself and it worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGCTwQQSZ0A
07-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Find
Angerpull Offline

(07-05-2011, 05:18 PM)AlexxShadenk777 Wrote: You searched for the wrong video, I guess. This is what you want to learn. I followed it myself and it worked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGCTwQQSZ0A

Well that's all fine and dandy but I wasn't talking about NOTES... I am talking about DIARIES. With voice a such.
07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Find
triadtimes Offline

Threads: 16

Actually if you want to do diaries you'll need to use BOTH videos. Notes and diaries are very similar but diaries MUST have voice.

First off watch Russ' video and instead of using a note entity use a diary entity. Also whenever Russ says put something like this:
<Entry Name = "Note_namegoeshere_Name">NAME</Entry>
<Entry Name = "Note_namegoeshere_Text">TEXT</Entry>
use something like this instead:
<Entry Name = "Diary_namegoeshere_Name1">NAME</Entry>
<Entry Name = "Diary_namegoeshere_Text1">TEXT</Entry>
Also in the editor type the name (in this case namegoeshere) in DiaryText instead of NoteText.

If that works then you'll need to watch my (TriadTimes') video. It can show you how to put voices into the diaries AFTER you've added text and set it up in the editor.

Hope this helped.

07-05-2011, 06:09 PM
Find
Angerpull Offline

(07-05-2011, 06:09 PM)triadtimes Wrote: Actually if you want to do diaries you'll need to use BOTH videos. Notes and diaries are very similar but diaries MUST have voice.

First off watch Russ' video and instead of using a note entity use a diary entity. Also whenever Russ says put something like this:
<Entry Name = "Note_namegoeshere_Name">NAME</Entry>
<Entry Name = "Note_namegoeshere_Text">TEXT</Entry>
use something like this instead:
<Entry Name = "Diary_namegoeshere_Name1">NAME</Entry>
<Entry Name = "Diary_namegoeshere_Text1">TEXT</Entry>
Also in the editor type the name (in this case namegoeshere) in DiaryText instead of NoteText.

If that works then you'll need to watch my (TriadTimes') video. It can show you how to put voices into the diaries AFTER you've added text and set it up in the editor.

Hope this helped.

YES! It works! Thank you Big Grin!
07-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Find