Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Should there be some performance drugs in Penumbra?
Schyzzo
Unregistered

RE: Should there be some performance drugs in Penumbra?

Why not use some plants or mushrooms that always grown in those places? And more, Phillip could find some notes about than and how to use to improve their performance, like the bomb mix in the epi one. Nothing fancy like Oblivion, of course, something about 2 plants and 3 mushrooms wihch gives or more strengh or more speed or more jump... and, why not, some mix could kill you, or let you dizzy!!
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2007, 04:43 AM by okll123.)
04-13-2007, 04:41 AM
TheCollective15 Offline

Threads: 5

Hmmm...that is interesting, combining items to create certain drugs...how about, you mix a sleep-inducing drug with the beef jerky, and whenever a wolf eats it, it falls asleep for ten minutes or so? An item like that would come in use when backtracking for papers, needing to be stealthy, or just killing the wolf after it falls down...

You can't kill me if I kill me first!!
04-13-2007, 08:00 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Perhaps some strange drug or gas they recently discovered or made down there? When you use it/breathe it, you have slightly increased speed and night vision, and increased hearing. But you also hear random noises, such as wolf noices, sometimes the music will suddenly flare into the fight music, even though there's no fight.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Find
Helter-Skelter Offline

Threads: 0

I like WindexGlows idea, that would make more sence? Because the dogs seem to have some kind of ablity to see with them glowing eyes, the night vision sounds cool.
04-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Find
Willbreaker Offline

Threads: 6

No.. It wouldn't make more sense. Breathing a gas that is in a mine probably isn't good for you, and not in any way speed you up or have night vision. That'd be superhuman and in this fairly realistic game it would seem utterly inappropriate!

/Breaker
04-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Find
Somalion Offline

Threads: 11

Yeah as I said that it would be only a temporary boost of strength or speed and then some kind of side effects, not something that makes Philip a superman. If there'd be some kind of performance drugs then it'd be nice to add some kind of message to the status indicator (the one that says: I'm as fit as expected and so on) like "I'm almost exhausted to the point where I could die" or something like that

By some strange twist of fate people around you die violently.
You always see the worst way a person can die.
(This post was last modified: 04-29-2007, 09:07 PM by jonathan.)
04-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Find
banj007 Offline

Threads: 10

New status messages would be sweet. The drugs though, sound kinda far-fetched. I wouldn't stick anything I find in a mine in me. xD
04-29-2007, 10:25 PM
Website Find
Willbreaker Offline

Threads: 6

Exactly, any drugs you find would probably be out of date, and the gases most probably would be dangerous to inhale.

/Breaker
04-30-2007, 01:22 AM
Find
ekko56 Offline

Threads: 0

Well if there is a medical room Philip can find some adrenaline shots in a locked closet with a note on the box telling how to use them and something else, like, caution after a period of  use you may experience strong headaches fuzzy vision and exaustion. Though Schyzzo's idea was great.
04-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Website Find
banj007 Offline

Threads: 10

ekko56 Wrote:Well if there is a medical room Philip can find some adrenaline shots in a locked closet with a note on the box telling how to use them and something else, like, caution after a period of  use you may experience strong headaches fuzzy vision and exaustion. Though Schyzzo's idea was great.

If the closet is locked how do you get them?
(yeah a key i know...)
Seriously though, I wouldn't trust drugs from the last war for many good reasons.
05-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Website Find