Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Closest Escapes?
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13
Your Closest Escapes?

We've all had 'em. Those moments where by all rights we should have died, yet we managed to squeak by with our hides at least partially intact.

Mine was in the Northern Block of the Prison. I opened a cell door to peek around inside and a grunt popped out. I took off the running in the direction I came from and managed to get hopelessly lost. I had no idea where I was going, and I ran into another grunt or two on the way. So I was running around in the prison with grunts on my ass, and I turned into this hallway, heard a flashback which I have never heard before, and during that I heard another grunt. So I kept running down the hallway to where it dead ends at a locked door. I crouched down beside some barrels that were there and sit there and watch as at two grunts come cruising down the hallway and stop right next to the barrels I was hiding behind. They stood there for an endless moment, and then they turned around and walked away without seeing me. I was very glad when I crept out of there to find myself right by the level exit. And I have since carefully memorized the layout of the prison to prevent a repeat.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
07-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21
RE: Your Closest Escapes?

Navigating the choir, I was busy huggin the walls, evading brutes and the like, but at some point while i was working to avoid another, i tried to jump behind another one of those pillars that hug the walls as well

It made a sound as if it'd seen me, and I thought I was gonna die, but then a few moments later it decided "oh well, guess it was nothin"
07-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Website Find
Roenlond Offline

Threads: 3

(07-11-2011, 12:32 AM)eiahmon Wrote: We've all had 'em. Those moments where by all rights we should have died, yet we managed to squeak by with our hides at least partially intact.

Mine was in the Northern Block of the Prison. I opened a cell door to peek around inside and a grunt popped out. I took off the running in the direction I came from and managed to get hopelessly lost. I had no idea where I was going, and I ran into another grunt or two on the way. So I was running around in the prison with grunts on my ass, and I turned into this hallway, heard a flashback which I have never heard before, and during that I heard another grunt. So I kept running down the hallway to where it dead ends at a locked door. I crouched down beside some barrels that were there and sit there and watch as at two grunts come cruising down the hallway and stop right next to the barrels I was hiding behind. They stood there for an endless moment, and then they turned around and walked away without seeing me. I was very glad when I crept out of there to find myself right by the level exit. And I have since carefully memorized the layout of the prison to prevent a repeat.

The flashback saved your life I'd reckon - monsters do not see you while one is active.
07-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Find
laser50 Offline

Threads: 22

In the custom story black forest castle. He just popped out, and i got scared as fuck. Ran into the closet behind him (Where he came out of) And stayed there for a little time. Then rushed out, Had to open the door and ran. Smile

Current Project: [WIP] Lost Memories
Progress: 15%
CLICK FOR MY MODDB PAGE
07-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Find
Randomeaninglessword Offline

Threads: 1

The part in the Sewers right before the chase scene, where you have to distract the Brute, I threw the rock too close to myself, and the brute went the same path I did. It saw me, but I was pinned up against a pipe so I couldn't run, but it walked right past me anyway, and I ended up making it through.

Signature!
07-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Website Find
Essen Offline

Threads: 2

Custom story Daniel Sanity I think,when you open that locked door in first map to another map and behind those door is monster from Amnesia Justine.
I just went into door,saw monster and wanted to go back through door, but it was locked and I don't know how the hell I survived but I somehow crouched and monster missed me,I ran and closed door,until monster breaked it,I was at another door,but another monster breaked next door and I didn't know what to do,I hided in dark corner,I was like:'What the fuck is that map?!"
Then there were two monsters,I just silently got away.
07-12-2011, 06:25 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

(07-11-2011, 10:46 AM)Roenlond Wrote: The flashback saved your life I'd reckon - monsters do not see you while one is active.

Really? I didn't know that. I need to go back there and relisten to it sometime. At the time I was too worried about find a place to hide to pay attention. XD

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
07-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Find
smapho123 Offline

The closest encounter I had was probably in the North Prison after leaving the kitchen, where the monster spawns at the bottom of the stairs. I turned too much and started running into the wall. It took me way longer than it should have for me to realize this, but when I did, I ran up the stairs as fast as Daniel could and literally closed the door in the grunt's face. By the time I got to my hiding place, he had already smashed down the door. Fortunately, he didn't look that hard for me and he went away.

Death is the final unknown.
07-26-2011, 01:50 AM
Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

I've had 2 "escapes". Both times in the prison, a Grunt smashed the door down but didnt come into the cell, even when I was in plain view of it.

Otherwise I never "escaped" (besides the water monster). The screechy music + adrenaline gets to me so I just take my headphones out, cover my eyes and wait to die. :c
07-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Find
Seven Offline

Getting out of the sewers, where Mr. Tall was chasing me.
I didn't close the doors like I should have, so he ended up right behind me.
I turned around, he was RIGHT BEHIND ME and he SWUNG at me.
I screamed like a little girl and ducked out of the way, causing him to narrowly miss me.
I bunny hopped to the ladder and got hit on the way up and somehow **LIVED**
Most epic time ever.
08-09-2011, 01:12 AM
Find