Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia, Can't stop walking! (Problem fixed :D)
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 4 Weeks ago RE: Amnesia, Can't stop walking!

you removed the graphics drivers but you forgot to install them again. That's why it crashes. Make sure you have this installed:

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/P...n7-64.aspx
07-19-2011, 10:25 PM
Find
Cassidykento Offline

Threads: 1

Really? Oh wow. Let me try it again und reboot.
Well, for some reason I go through he installation process, yet I think that it's not really installing on my computer. When I go back through trying to find it, it's no where to be found.
'cause the game is still not working. I'll try once more...

Alright. When I go to my control panel, to the remove programs, it shows the ATI Catalyst Installation Manager. I'm not sure if that means it's on my computer or not..
Would uninstalling Steam/Uninstalling Amnesia und deleting all the local content of the game, then re-installing it all help?
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2011, 11:25 PM by Cassidykento.)
07-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

I don't know. Try what you suggested and then try to launch the game. Turn off most background applications and anything that might be causing problems. If the game doesn't work then attach us the file HPL.log again. If it works then no need to do that. If the keyboard thing is still there then it has to do with your computer in some way.
07-20-2011, 03:05 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

(07-19-2011, 08:12 PM)Cassidykento Wrote: Eiahmon> Like, underneath the key maybe? But as far as typing goes und what not, the W works fine, nothing seems to be the matter with it. When Daniel kept walking forward, could yuh press D or A to go right or left? 'cause when mine walks the only things I can press after that, und work, are crouch, und jump.
Just tried starting up the game again today. This is the report.
http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww258...led-27.png

He would sway like a drunken idiot, but he would keep moving forward, yes. Do you have ot mash on it to get the key to work? I'm assuming not though, since you just said it works fine.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
07-20-2011, 05:25 AM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

To be totally honest, do you have some sort of other controller plugged into a USB drive? For example a joystick, a 360 controller etc. That happens to me if I keep my joystick plugged in and I play Amnesia...

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

07-20-2011, 05:04 PM
Website Find
Cassidykento Offline

Plutomaniac> Alright, gonna try it.

Eiahmon>> Yeah when he continuously walks for me it's like he starts to fall over side ways XDD And no, it's just a normal key like all the rest. Maybe it just wants to be respected, so it's rebelling.

JetlinerX>>> The only type of 'control' I have plugged in is my mouse.. Would that disrupt anything? Maybe if I plugged it into a different USB slot? 'cause it'd be quiet difficult to play without a mouse. XD

Cassidy Rose Kento
07-21-2011, 02:31 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

(07-21-2011, 02:31 AM)Cassidykento Wrote: Maybe if I plugged it into a different USB slot? 'cause it'd be quiet difficult to play without a mouse. XD

Impossible actually. Tel us if these work. Maybe we will check what programs run with windows at the time...
07-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Find
Cassidykento Offline

Alright! Good und bad news.
Good news, I think I found out what is wrong with my keyboard! Just before purchasing the game I installed the Comcast Security Suite. I think that may have been the thing messing with my keyboard. 'cause one day when i logged onto my computer, every number I typed would come up as numbers! All in numerical order in the order I typed them. Which was a problem I was experiencing on the game as well when I tried to change the controls.
So I looked that up und it turns out that my security system may be the thing messing it up, 'cause when I uninstalled it(today) an option on the list was that numbers would come up instead of letters. So obviously it was a problem.

Bad news, the black box report is still saying that there is something "wrooooooong."
So, I will attach my HPL.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 1.57 KB / Downloads: 97)

Cassidy Rose Kento
07-23-2011, 11:55 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

You still haven't installed the graphics drivers. I cannot get you the link again because I'm posting through mobile. I have posted it above.
07-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Find
Cassidykento Offline

I swear I've downloaded it quiet a few times..
I shall try it once more.

Cassidy Rose Kento
07-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Find