Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black screen crash - menus and loading
sdobbler Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Black screen crash - menus and loading

Hi there, I'm using an ATI HD 5700 card with Windows 7 64bit. My ATI catalyst driver interface claims it's up to date.. (v 11.6) and I've looked around for similar problems but they've all been due to drivers. I'm running a steam copy of the game if it makes a difference.

I can play the game fine, but as soon as I open an inventory or journal menu the screen goes black. This has also happened once while loading another room. I have tried running the game as an administrator, but it gave me a free pass for about 5 minutes and then locked down once I opened a menu.

Log is below. Thanks in advance for any help!

.txt   errorlog-14-07-2011(03.25.01) last.txt (Size: 58.9 KB / Downloads: 172)
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2011, 04:34 AM by sdobbler.)
07-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Black screen crash - menus and loading

Please send your hpl.log under Documents/Amnesia/Main and before that please do a verifying integrity cache via Steam.

07-14-2011, 06:14 AM
Website Find
sdobbler Offline

Threads: 1

The steam verification checked out fine. Here's the log, thanks!

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 5.26 KB / Downloads: 74)
07-14-2011, 07:16 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

OK, lets assume that this is a graphics driver problem or a VSync one. Do these:

1) Download Driver Sweeper and install it. Do not run it yet.
2) Uninstall the AMD drivers and all of their components.
3) Now run Driver Sweeper. Select all GPU traces (ATI, AMD) and delete whatever GPU-related is found.
4) Reboot your system and then download THIS (Catalyst 11.6, do not use the latest beta or something else).
5) After installation reboot your system again. Make sure that in device manager your AMD card appears.
6) Do a file integrity check from Steam again making sure the game is fully updated.
7) Since you are at the beginning, delete all your current progress(just to be sure the problem is not there) by deleting the folder Amnesia inside Documents (your settings and game progress will be lost).
8) Start the game. At Options menu make sure VSync is disabled and start a new game.

It should work after all these. They are actually 3-4 solutions mixed up together. Wink
(This post was last modified: 07-14-2011, 08:50 AM by plutomaniac.)
07-14-2011, 08:47 AM
Find