Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird "Cannot Launch Game" Crash (FIXED! Thanks Plutomaniac!!!)
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Weird "Cannot Launch Game" Crash (FIXED! Thanks Plutomaniac!!!)

I'm having a game crash. Not the kind where it says, "Something is wroooooong!!!!" But the kind where your screen goes to black, then shows a bunch of f**ked up pixels, which, if you look closely, looks like your desktop without Amnesia opened, just very, very, very, very x100 deformed.

I can't really post a screenshot, because I have no control of my PC after this happens, and I'm forced to Hard Reboot my computer. Can you help me?

Specs:

ATI Radeon X600 Hypermemory 256MB (OpenGL Version 2.1.7169 Release)

Intel Pentium D 2.66GHz

Windows XP

That's all I can think of I need to put...

EDIT: Deleted the hpl.log, since it was from the last time Amnesia actually ran...

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2011, 09:38 PM by RawkBandMan.)
07-17-2011, 03:26 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Weird "Cannot Launch Game" Crash

well a working log doesn't help us. Your computer can barely run the game by the way. This old log also shows lots of errors, you should reinstall the game. Also, try deleting Amnesia folder in Documents. De aware that you will lose your save games when doing the last thing.
07-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

(07-17-2011, 10:13 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: well a working log doesn't help us. Your computer can barely run the game by the way. This old log also shows lots of errors, you should reinstall the game. Also, try deleting Amnesia folder in Documents. De aware that you will lose your save games when doing the last thing.

I totally forgot about reinstalling the game, but never actually thought of the Amnesia folder. Could I just back up all my profiles, then try Amnesia, see if it works, then re-add all my profiles?

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2011, 05:56 PM by RawkBandMan.)
07-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Yes, go to documents and for now rename the folder Amnesia to Amnesia-OLD. Reinstall the game, make sure it is updated and run it. It will re-create the folder Amnesia since it will not be able to find it. See if that works out for you...
07-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

(07-17-2011, 06:49 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: Yes, go to documents and for now rename the folder Amnesia to Amnesia-OLD. Reinstall the game, make sure it is updated and run it. It will re-create the folder Amnesia since it will not be able to find it. See if that works out for you...

Instead, I just copied and pasted my profiles to a different folder. Reinstalling fixed it (I believe, I am now running in windowed mode, so that could have fixed it, but I believe reinstalling did fix it.)

I am now capable of re-enjoying Amnesia and it's customs! (coughcoughAbductionChapter3coughcough)

If you could rep I would, but as far as I know, I can't D:

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2011, 09:39 PM by RawkBandMan.)
07-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

great, have fun playing Amnesia and it's custom stories! Smile
07-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Find