Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

music issues
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago music issues

I recently started playing black plague and i've noticed an issue with it. For some reason the music won't change in different rooms! For example, i'll run into a monster and the theme for the monster will start playing, then he'll eventually leave but the same song will still be playing, and then after i've kept playing for about 40 minutes it's STILL playing. And I know this shouldn't be happening since I watched part of a LP of it and the music was changing from room to room. I noticed this same thing happening in overture but eventually it stopped, but now 2 and a half hours in to black plague the same song is still playing. Does anyone know how I could fix this? Also another thing I noticed that might be related to this is that the monsters don't disappear after a while, like with the first monster run in I sat around waiting for him to leave for over 3 minutes and yet he didn't move. Not sure if it's related in any way but I thought I'd bring it up just incase.
(This post was last modified: 07-18-2011, 09:17 AM by Kman.)
07-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: music issues

have you updated the game to v1.1, it fixes one audio issue as I recall:

http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/70/

Attach us here the file HPL.log found under Documents\Penumbra\Penumbra Black Prague
07-18-2011, 12:15 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

i'm pretty sure i have the most up to date version since i just got the game a little over a month ago, but i can check anyways.

and as for the file you wanted me to attach for some reason it's not even on my computer! i'm guessing it was supposed to come with the game but it's just not there. maybe this could be the problem?
07-18-2011, 04:34 PM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

it must be there, it a log actually. I checked it out, it has to be at:

Documents\Penumbra\Black Prague

the file is called HPL.log
07-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Oh I forgot to mention I'm playing on a Mac (thought maybe the file only came with the PC version) so maybe that's why it's not showing up? Thought I should mention it since you linked me to a PC update. Oh wait... I just realized there is a separate section for Mac issues *facepalm* sorry about that...
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2011, 09:10 AM by Kman.)
07-19-2011, 07:35 AM
Website Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Moved to Mac - Technical Support. Someone else will help you for Mac/Linux.
07-19-2011, 09:30 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Does nobody know how to fix this? It's ok if i can't get it fixed, it's just it's kind of an atmosphere killer (as it makes it seem like there is always an enemy near by or always a threat , when a lot of the areas are monster free and just focused on ambience and puzzle solving)

EDIT: so I played a little bit further hoping the music would change eventually and I ran into a much worse problem that makes the game pretty much unplayable. When the monsters spawns, instead of moving around and then eventually disappearing they'll just stand exactly where they spawned and not move until they hear me make a sound in which case they'll just break down the door to the room I'm in and they just sit in the door way pretty much making it impossible to get by.
(This post was last modified: 07-21-2011, 05:34 AM by Kman.)
07-21-2011, 02:44 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Here is a copy of the log file. There are some interesting error messages related to loading sound resources - but not enough for me to get anywhere with them.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 11.07 KB / Downloads: 113)
07-21-2011, 04:03 AM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Can't recall hearing about this problem before so no idea really what could be wrong. Sounds like a save might have come corrupt. The log file does not really contain anything strange, there is one write error in it that is all, where have you installed Penumbra? Is it in Applications? If not try to put it there and see if that helps.
07-21-2011, 05:30 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Yes I saved it into the applications folder but I'm not sure it's a corrupt save file as I tried to play through it again and the same problems happened (music never changes, monsters don't move from spawn point)
07-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Website Find