Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woah... This shouldn't be happening..
Zypherzemus Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Woah... This shouldn't be happening..

Odd... Very very odd.. I stretched the floor like you suggested, and the same thing happened.. Even if the floor was stretched.. it still disappeard (Not the entire floor, but the parts that were stretched out)

EDIT: I went in and set one of the doors inactive to see if the floor was even there,, but it's not.
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2011, 03:19 PM by Zypherzemus.)
07-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Find
Ouroboros Offline

Threads: 0

Just to make sure I understand, are you able to walk on top of the missing floor or do you fall through it? And have you tried using something like the static object floor in castlebase? It may go against your current design but if you could have that stay then that could be considered as a fix.
07-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Find
Zypherzemus Offline

(07-22-2011, 03:47 PM)Ouroboros Wrote: Just to make sure I understand, are you able to walk on top of the missing floor or do you fall through it? And have you tried using something like the static object floor in castlebase? It may go against your current design but if you could have that stay then that could be considered as a fix.

I fall through it, you can't even see it in the actual game, almost as if it isn't there at all. I tried a floor from castlebase but that didn't work either.
07-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

(Just a quick suggestion..)
For your disappearing floors, have you made sure the Collide box is checked for the floor?
And if it's just not working then is your map rather large? I'm talking humongous. If it is maybe it can't take any more floors.
Also if primitive floors don't work, try static object floors, since they might not disappear. You can find some under either sanctum or cistern.. I believe it's sanctum, but I'm not sure off the top of my head. You can try placing the static object floor and see what happens.
Lastly my floors used to disappear when I had a .cache file. Make sure you don't have one, if you do, delete it!

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2011, 05:23 PM by JenniferOrange.)
07-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Find
Zypherzemus Offline

YAY lol. I deleted map cache and it finally showed up, but now I have a sound problem, I set a sound on an entity to play but either, I can't hear it, or it isn't playing, I'll try placing it on the player and see, but the sound is necessary.

EDIT: welp, it works, (2/3) problems fixed, the last is the biggest bleh!.

EDIT: I've decided to just go with a collide area for the credits to start, they start. New problem is the "Screeching", it won't stop, even if I set the enemies to disappear

(At the end, you're pretty much being chased by enemies , you run into the script area, then they all disappear, but the screeching continues to play (Note: I'm using pathnodes instead of "ShowEnemyPlayerPosition" as I thought using "ShowEnemy" would continue to play the screeching no matter what)
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2011, 11:05 PM by Zypherzemus.)
07-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Find