Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Prison Section Door
DRedshot Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Prison Section Door

So the problem is that the door won't break down? or that the grunt won't stop hitting the air after the door is broken? Because i just recreated your scenario, and the door broke down, the Grunt stopped hitting the door, and killed me! Are you sure you're using "prison_section" and not "prison_section_static" because that could be the problem.

07-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Find
MrCookieh Offline

Threads: 8

I'm using the prison_section_plain as my door.
And my problem is, that he can't break through the door.

The Well: Descent - Take a look at it!
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2011, 04:04 PM by MrCookieh.)
07-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36

SetSwingDoorDisableAutoClose(string& asName, bool abDisableAutoClose);

This could help the monster "break through" the door, but I'm not sure. Worst case you could add a prop force/impulse on the door when the monster hits it somehow. :/

07-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Find
MrCookieh Offline

I might try the way with the area infront of the prison_section door.
Well, I want it to look like he's destroying the door, and not opening it, because he's in rage Smile

07-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

Ok, sorry for the late response: i've found the problem: prison_section_plain does Not have a destroyed version, you could easily make a modified version though.
Simply open prison_section_plain and save it as prison_section_xxxxxx_broken (xxxxxx is your own name)
then click on the body for the hinges, and delete it,
then click on the joint (it's a little ball between the hinge body and the door body) and delete it.
Then click on user defined variables, and change them so it is an (object > static) change the other user stats if you want, but i'd suggest looking at the other prison_section_broken's variables.
Next save, and open the prison_section_plain again, save it as prison_section_xxxxxx (xxxxxx is same as above) then change the user defined variables so that:
1. make sure breakable is ticked
2. damagemesh1 and damagemesh2 = "prison_section_plain.dae"
3. broken entity = "prison_section_xxxxxx_broken.ent" (this is the entity you made earlier)
4. modify the broken sounds and ps till you like it!

I hope this helps, of course if the area thing works that will e good enough aswell. GoodLuck!

Edit: I have crossed out a part which i think is unneccessary, but if you run into strange problems follow that step, also if you do follow that step make sure to click on the door body, click the tab at the righ till attachments, click 'Su'>attach then click on the hinges then click done.

(This post was last modified: 07-31-2011, 08:13 PM by DRedshot.)
07-31-2011, 08:08 PM
Find
MrCookieh Offline

wow, thanks for the nice explaining! Smile
So it is really unbreakable, mkay.

Well, I tried it with a timer, and it also works (sometimes it's a bit delayed, but that's not a big problem).

But I'll keep your solution in mind! Thank you for your big effort, you put into it Smile

07-31-2011, 08:15 PM
Find
DRedshot Offline

no problem Smile if you want i could make you one in an hour or so, if you're really stuck.

07-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Find
MrCookieh Offline

(07-31-2011, 08:17 PM)DRedshot Wrote: no problem Smile if you want i could make you one in an hour or so, if you're really stuck.

no, thank you, you already did a lot for me, with giving me this information Smile
and I think I could do it on my own, but I'm a bit lazy at the moment,
and I don't want people to make things for me, just because I'm lazy Wink

07-31-2011, 08:21 PM
Find