Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
+Nightmare+
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
Thumbs Up  +Nightmare+

This is my first time uploading map and first sorta completed map. Their are a few minor things not done, but I feel like working on to a new map with better things.

I apologize that if you die, you start at the beginning. You will have to reload the map. I don't know how to make yourself spawn up at the checkpoints and re-trigger all the e-e-vil chases.

Spoiler below!
After you fall down and you start seeing the brute running after ya, don't stop running!

I decided to upload a .rar and .zip file of the map. I prefer .zip but I think alot of people use .rar for Linux, so pick whichever one you want.

Tell me any suggestions, comments or bugs.

Attached Files
.zip   Nightmare.zip (Size: 489.9 KB / Downloads: 288)
.rar   Nightmare.rar (Size: 432.55 KB / Downloads: 247)
(This post was last modified: 07-27-2011, 10:14 PM by Rapture.)
07-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Find
Kurton Offline

Threads: 8
RE: +Nightmare+

Not bad, the construction showed a good sense of detail, though what I noticed of the lighting seemed pretty bland; I didn't like how in the starting room it was basically all white, although it was better in the chase level.

I also did not like the all-too-sudden appearances from the grunt, they hurt my urge to explore, and it didn't feel right that they were out and about in such a bright, warm place anyway ;)

Overall, I'm impressed that this nightmare setting actually feels like a dreamy and surreal yet vivid environment I'd expect in a bad dream. I do look forward to whatever you are starting anew on!

(This post was last modified: 07-23-2011, 05:49 AM by Kurton.)
07-23-2011, 05:49 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

This is an enjoyable little custom story you have created. The starting room was a bit too bright and introducing grunts that early didn't allow any suspense to be built up and as Kurton stated perfectly, really hurt my urge to explore. The chase scene was excellent though, the halls you designed seem to of had great detail put in them. Though I couldn't stop and get a better look because I had a brute and god knows what else chasing me, which was intense, harrowing and extremely effective.

Quite interested in seeing what you create next Smile

[Image: 29069he.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2011, 08:43 AM by Tenno.)
07-23-2011, 08:43 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Hmm.. Nice work here but, When I reached that hole where I can hear "suitor" and dropped down... No change to escape that brute monster because my sanity is high.. and I fell to the ground and that brute kills me.

Then I started begin area and I can't go through that hole anymore. It's easy to use checkpoints search tutorial for it.

But it was nice so far, well designed.

“Life is a game, play it”
07-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Find
Vazul006 Offline

Oh my god, ive played only once, and now my voice is gone... dude Big Grin every grunt you placed on the chase scene ive run into them straight, the first room, made me paranoid too because first i didnt know how to get out of there, when 2 grunts are emerging from the room ahead. i must say ill have to play it trough again Big Grin to know how it ends. Well everything put together its a very good map tought ^^ i like it!!!
07-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Find
Ghostflame Offline

I'll be sure to check this one out soon, I'll let you know what I think. I hope I remember to get around to it, these replies make this story sound like something special.
07-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(07-23-2011, 08:54 AM)HumiliatioN Wrote: Hmm.. Nice work here but, When I reached that hole where I can hear "suitor" and dropped down... No change to escape that brute monster because my sanity is high.. and I fell to the ground and that brute kills me.

hmm, at that moment i still can move, and crowl to corner(slowly!!!), and then you should back to normal and run and run - after your back will be crowd of monsters.!! amazing and short map, btw, with justine monster.
(This post was last modified: 07-24-2011, 03:51 PM by Dark Knight.)
07-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Great job with this, that chase scene was really well done- the use of lighting drawing you naturally to the right direction to go, the detail of the hallway, and the close proximity of all the monsters chasing you was perfect- I got through with them juuuuust out of reach with no damage taken on my first try. That says good design. Smile

[Image: signature-2.png]
07-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Awesome little story. I LOVE the detail of all the rooms in the chase scene. Well done.
07-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Website Find