Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Unable to purchase penumbra
MHaggag Offline

Threads: 3
Unable to purchase penumbra

Greetings,

I tried to purchase the digital version through gamersgate, which handles payment through paypal. Unfortunately, paypal doesn't have Egypt listed in the purchase form. So I tried from strategy first, but I'm getting an error page when redirected to the store URL (http://store.digitalriver.com/store/srat...quantity.1)

Apparently, digitalriver's store is broken, and I can't even report it to them because the reporting link shown is broken itself (fails with "OracleJSP: oracle.jsp.provider.JspCompileException:
Errors compiling:/dc7filer02/bd01/b7/engine/E2/drh/X-Stream/jsp-cache/_pages/_dajsp/_SendCustomerInfo.java" Smile)

So, I thought you might want to notify strategyfirst about this or something.

Cheers
04-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Find
Dark Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Unable to purchase penumbra

i just tried it, link seems to be fine
try again now, meybe it was just a temporary failure or so

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
04-20-2007, 09:20 PM
Find
Willbreaker Offline

Threads: 6

Anyone have a list of where the game is released in a box?

/Breaker
04-20-2007, 09:59 PM
Find
Dark Offline

nope as far as i know the benelux aint a place to get a boxed one

04-20-2007, 10:13 PM
Find
MHaggag Offline

Dark Wrote:i just tried it, link seems to be fine
try again now, meybe it was just a temporary failure or so
Umm...I just tried, and got the same error. See attached screenshot. That's what I get when I follow the purchase link from strategy first.
04-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Find
Dark Offline

still getting the store
maybe it is because you are using nternet explorer
try using firefox or so

04-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Find
MHaggag Offline

Dark Wrote:still getting the store
maybe it is because you are using nternet explorer
try using firefox or so
Well, I tried explorer because my normal browser (opera) failed. So it's not a browser problem.

I just investigated the source for the failure page, and guess what I found?
<a href="javascript:openNewWindow('/dajsp/SendCustomerInfo.jsp?userInfo=SessionID: 7011990413, SiteID: srategyf, UserID: 16826000613, LogonID: null&stacktrace=javax.servlet.ServletException: NOT_ALLOWED_TO_ACCESS_SITE
    at com.digitalriver.system.controller.CountryRestrictionPlugin.handleRequest(CountryRestrictionPlugin.java:47)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor24.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    at com.atlassian.util.profiling.object.ObjectProfiler.profiledInvoke(ObjectProfiler.java:138)
    at com.atlassian.util.pro')">We have encountered an internal application error. The error has been logged.<br />Contact System Support</a>

It seems from the trace that the dumbasses don't support purchases from Egypt as well, but they sure as hell were a lot meaner at saying it than paypal Tongue

Now I'm rather stuck. Guess I'll have to wait for it to arrive at amazon.
04-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Find
Atrius Offline

Threads: 1

Unfortunately your country is not a supported sales location by Strategy First.

I'm actually an employee for Digital River and our commerce system supports sales to Egypt. However, the Strategy First store is only configured to support sales to the following countries:

Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Great Britain, United States, Vatican City State, Virgin Islands (USA)

It is setup to block access to the store for any country that cannot purchase from that location (I'm not sure why). I would recommend contacting Strategy First sales management at sales@strategyfirst.com to inquire about supporting your region.

It's a great game and I hate to see people miss out on it due to an inability to purchase!

~Atrius

Note: Strategy First is a company that uses Digital River's commerce services. They are two separate companies.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2007, 02:39 AM by B4CK.)
04-21-2007, 02:36 AM
Website Find
MHaggag Offline

Atrius Wrote:I'm actually an employee for Digital River and our commerce system supports sales to Egypt. However, the Strategy First store is only configured to support sales to the following countries:

[snip]

It is setup to block access to the store for any country that cannot purchase from that location (I'm not sure why).
Thanks for the clarification!
I hope you guys replace that cryptic failure page with something more user friendly Smile

I can't imagine why SF would limit digital purchases by country. I can imagine them blocking/excluding certain countries per US law (IIRC, there are countries the US bans export to), but they should be using an exclusion, rather than an inclusion, list.

Quote:I would recommend contacting Strategy First sales management at sales@strategyfirst.com to inquire about supporting your region.
I will, thanks for the link.
04-21-2007, 11:48 AM
Find
MHaggag Offline

Just for the record: I have been able to purchase penumbra using an anonymizer proxy, since I never got a reply from strategy first. Also, the digital river downloader is horrible. Better get yourself a better publisher, if possible Smile
04-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Find