Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 21 Vote(s) - 3.81 Average
"The Attic" (Chapter 1) Custom Story
seth1466 Offline

Threads: 4
RE: "The Attic" Custom Story

(07-24-2011, 08:52 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote: JetlinerX, I'm glad to see you've finally got this up and running! Big Grin (your welcome) ^^
[Oh my, my name is in the credits too.. what an honor! xD]

Spoiler below!
The first loud noise when you start absolutely scared me stiff. Nicely done.

Oye! Thanks for helping us make this thing! Big Grin

-Seth1466

The Attic ModDB
07-24-2011, 09:08 PM
Website Find
JenniferOrange Offline

Threads: 43

(07-24-2011, 09:08 PM)seth1466 Wrote:
(07-24-2011, 08:52 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote: JetlinerX, I'm glad to see you've finally got this up and running! Big Grin (your welcome) ^^
[Oh my, my name is in the credits too.. what an honor! xD]

Spoiler below!
The first loud noise when you start absolutely scared me stiff. Nicely done.

Oye! Thanks for helping us make this thing! Big Grin

No problem, any other questions for your full version of The Attic, let me know. Smile

Ba-da bing, ba-da boom.
07-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

Guh. Stuck in traffi after a semiwent over a 30 foot cliff into tje river. Thanks for all the comments tho guys!!!

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

07-24-2011, 09:33 PM
Website Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

So I played through the maps and checked them out in the editor!

Since there seem to be a good amount of positive feedback, I dare point out some details that bugged me as a detail addict whore guy. No story necessarily needs these done, but it gives me huge satisfaction when done. And if it was your first map and a demo, there were most likely a lot of different things that needed more attention.

- lack of welders = cellarbase walls really need a lot and at some points you could see into nothingness if lighting was heavier, which leads to:
- not a single spot, point or box light in editor
- reduce primitives tile amounts, 1cm wood planks look odd
- no random dirt decals = everything looks clean and repetitive (fine in clean mansion area ofc)
- particle effects (fog, falling dust, etc.) could add some variation too
- no ambience
- also remember to grammar check when posting final release

I know these are for final polishing when everything else is done, but I just felt like pointing these out...

I can't whine about level design. Shelves and drawers were filled with stuff and areas overall were decorated to make them look natural. Also using decals and environment to create tension was great (who needs fancy scare events?)!

Good luck on your project, I'll be keeping an eye on your development! And dare not lose interest after posting a demo (that has happened to too many stories Big Grin)!
07-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Find
JetlinerX Offline

Thanks, we actally planned everything you said in the final version. I can't stress this enough, its our first try, however, we see all the peoblems, and I really apreciate the feedback! Thanks for pointing that stuff out for us Khyrpa, and this wasn't really directed @ you, more of a warning for others. So please don't take that as an attack. Smile

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

07-24-2011, 11:18 PM
Website Find
Mosnye Offline

Threads: 3

Awesome story you have here so far. Very good atmosphere and hiding the keys. Wink

It would be good tho if there were some more scares such as banging on doors, creaks or maybe even some footsteps from behind you!

Favourite creepy part would have to be this:
Spoiler below!
[Image: 2011-07-25_00001.jpg]

Only other thing I could suggest is if you go up the stairs before you go down into the cellar / basement and try to go through the door, is that after you turn around the statues up there move a little or something?

Anyway awesome story so far, keep up the good work! Big Grin

[Image: a.jpg]
07-25-2011, 12:19 AM
Website Find
seth1466 Offline

Threads: 4

(07-25-2011, 12:19 AM)Mosnye Wrote: Awesome story you have here so far. Very good atmosphere and hiding the keys. Wink

It would be good tho if there were some more scares such as banging on doors, creaks or maybe even some footsteps from behind you!

Favourite creepy part would have to be this:
Spoiler below!
[Image: 2011-07-25_00001.jpg]

Only other thing I could suggest is if you go up the stairs before you go down into the cellar / basement and try to go through the door, is that after you turn around the statues up there move a little or something?

Anyway awesome story so far, keep up the good work! Big Grin

The statue thing is what we had planned but due to limited scripting knowledge, we were unable to do so. Thank you for the feedback! Big Grin

-Seth1466

The Attic ModDB
07-25-2011, 12:56 AM
Website Find
Mosnye Offline

Threads: 3

(07-25-2011, 12:56 AM)seth1466 Wrote: The statue thing is what we had planned but due to limited scripting knowledge, we were unable to do so. Thank you for the feedback! Big Grin

Anytime, can't wait for the full release! Very Excited! Big Grin

[Image: a.jpg]
07-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Website Find
JetlinerX Offline

Thanks all for your feedback, we started on the full custom story today, and I will be posting pictures along the way as our development continues. As you may know by now, Seth who has been replying to you all, is one of the devs on this project, so what he says SHOULD BE credible, but I will correct him if hes ever wrong Wink

~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

07-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Website Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Nice sexy skybox you got there sir
07-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Website Find