Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everything is black
LordZig Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Everything is black

So Amnesia starts up and I can read all the main menu and the subtitles in the game but the background is COMPLETELY black. I just bought a new HP Pavilion g7 laptop, Windows 7 Home Premium, and am using an Intel HD Graphics card. I've tried downloading a new driver from Intel.com but it says that the laptop manufacturer did some custom settings to it so I can't download it from intel... Please help!!

It's like Hitler vs. Stalin. You're screwed either way.
07-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Find
TFEF Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Everything is black

Your laptop has custom drivers. You should uninstall the current, customized driver using Add or Remove Programs or a similar program. Then restart the computer, and install the current Intel drivers.

Then you start enjoying the game. Smile
07-25-2011, 01:07 AM
Find
LordZig Offline

(07-25-2011, 01:07 AM)TFEF Wrote: Your laptop has custom drivers. You should uninstall the current, customized driver using Add or Remove Programs or a similar program. Then restart the computer, and install the current Intel drivers.

Then you start enjoying the game. Smile

I have tried to do so but it did not uninstall it. And there are SO many choices for downloads on the Intel website, I'm not sure which to use.

07-25-2011, 01:17 AM
Find
TFEF Offline

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchRe...amilyId=39

Just choose your OS and you're ready to download the appropriate drivers.

Make sure to uninstall the appropriate drivers. Not sure what your exact PC specs are, but you'll likely have Intel drivers for your processor, etc.

[Image: drivers.png?t=1311555154]

The driver itself may be named something different, but unless there's something strange going on with your PC, it should uninstall correctly. Make sure to restart once you've uninstalled.
07-25-2011, 01:51 AM
Find
LordZig Offline

Ok so I've tried this 3 times and every time I uninstall it and reboot my computer just re installs the Intel HD Graphics driver again on start up...

07-25-2011, 02:10 AM
Find
TFEF Offline

I'm not sure if HP has something special that does that (I know Toshiba has a service station thing, but it doesn't mess with your drivers and stuff) but you could try disabling it if possible. Or, if all else fails, just install the Intel driver without rebooting your PC.
07-25-2011, 04:35 AM
Find
LordZig Offline

OK, well I tried both of those things and, whadda ya know, it didn't work... I hate this crazy computer... I just need to figure out why it's automatically installing the driver and I've tried going into the settings and making it so I had to tell it to download any drivers but that still didn't work. Stupid thing... AND I looked on the Intel site again and it said if I download a driver off of their website it might cause technical issues so that's great. I'm just not the best computer person so this is all way overwhelming

(This post was last modified: 07-25-2011, 06:14 AM by LordZig.)
07-25-2011, 05:52 AM
Find
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45

Go to device manager, select the video card, click uninstall drivers and select the box that says remove the driver from the computer as well. That should do it. After a reboot make sure you install the correct intel drivers.
07-25-2011, 09:25 AM
Find
LordZig Offline

Ok so I did EXACTLY what you told me to do. Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> Device Manager> Right Click on Inter HD Graphics> Uninstall> Window pops up an I click 'Delete the driver software for this device'> Reboot. After I reboot the computer starts automatically downloading something called "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)". Then after it downloads it magically says that it's the Intel HD Graphics that downloaded.

07-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Find
TFEF Offline

Is it possible for you to cancel the download? If you can, try that.
07-25-2011, 09:43 PM
Find