Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
New Halloween Project (The Unforgiven) - Need epic team!
danthaman15 Offline

Threads: 15
New Halloween Project (The Unforgiven) - Need epic team!

Hello, thanks for taking the time to read this thread! After playing the hell out of Amnesia, I am looking to create a new, memorable custom story. But not just a run-of-the-mill 5 minute story, a full-on project. My current name for the project is:

The Unforgiven (name pending)

You are a man living a peaceful life in the village. However, over the last week, things have been getting strange. The skyline has been replaced by a red haze, and the townsfolk are beginning to grow on edge, due to wild doomsday predictions and the presence of unworldly sounds from deep in the woods at night. Growing tense, you decides to hole up in his house for a few days until things outside settle down.

However, a few days later, you are driven by hunger back to the town.

Things are very quiet when you arrive.

The town appears deserted. All doors are locked, and nobody is outside. However, the shroud of darkness over the town indicates something sinister is occurring.

The only unlocked house is the local supply shop. You heads inside, and finds the building deserted. You takes what you can...

That's when you see's it. A dead body in the corner, flayed open. A note near the body warns everyone to gather inside the town's church for refuge from the creatures. Before you can get your bearings, something begins to break down the supply room door. You bolt out of the shop.

With the church locked, you must make your way around town, attempting to piece together what happened, and ultimately try and survive the night.

Gameplay: The Unforgiven will scare players with a mixture of monster encounters, story elements, and paranormal events. Mounting dread and unique, one-time scares will be favored instead of cheap jump scares.

The player will have a mini "hub world" (the village) where he/she will go through many locations - a school, local houses, ect.

What I am looking for: Anyone! Anyone can join in and make the smallest contribution to be credited for this project. In particular though, I would like someone who is very good with scripting, or just the amnesia editing tools in general.

I'll be designing most of the maps, but will have others offer their help whenever they can, since the only way something like this becomes good is if someone else honestly tells you if it works or not.

As an epic team, I am hoping to release this story on Halloween or earlier.

Join me, and let's scare the hell out of everyone.

Finished Starting Cabin Image:

[Image: cabinfinal2.png]

Sorry the image is a little dark. Images in the future will be brightened.

New Images:

[Image: outsidei.png]

[Image: hotely.png]

[Image: prisonz.png]

I might split the project into 2 games, it is turning out larger than expected!

[Image: at_1768110.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2011, 12:58 AM by danthaman15.)
07-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Find
Kyle Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 36
RE: New Halloween Project (The Unforgiven) - Need epic team!

So far, are you the only one on this team? Do you have a skype account or any other easy way in communicating with other group members?

I could help some with the scripting if you tell me exactly how or what you want to be scripted to happen. Big Grin

My Skype Account: kylespu

07-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

have you done any custom story yet?

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
07-27-2011, 07:30 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Hmmm, someone made a custom story called "the Village" some time ago. He said people can use his models for their custom stories. The story kinda failed but I think you could get some of his houses/buildings and make them better and then put them into your project.
07-27-2011, 07:50 PM
Website Find
danthaman15 Offline

Quote:"So far, are you the only one on this team? Do you have a skype account or any other easy way in communicating with other group members?

I could help some with the scripting if you tell me exactly how or what you want to be scripted to happen.

My Skype Account: kylespu"

Only one so far, yes Tongue. I have been practicing with the editor, however. I'm likely going to need assistance in the maps as well if I want this to work. I'm detail oriented, so you won't have a problem with being confusing. My skype is DanThaMan117. Thanks for your assistance!

Quote:have you done any custom story yet?

I haven't made a full on story, but I have made small areas in the editor, not very complex though.

Quote:Hmmm, someone made a custom story called "the Village" some time ago. He said people can use his models for their custom stories. The story kinda failed but I think you could get some of his houses/buildings and make them better and then put them into your project.

Sounds helpful! I'll take a look. Thanks!

07-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Find
TheDavenia Offline

Threads: 38

I wish you good luck on this!

Current Project: Nightmare's End(Project Director, Scripter, boss >:D)
07-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

Nice good luck with this release! But don't use "Unforgiven Memories" thats my project name Wink

“Life is a game, play it”
07-27-2011, 11:06 PM
Find
xtron Offline

Threads: 37

If you want I could help you with some building and some scripting

[Image: 44917299.jpg]Dubstep <3
07-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Find
danthaman15 Offline

(07-27-2011, 11:49 PM)xtron Wrote: If you want I could help you with some building and some scripting

Sounds good.

07-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Find
danthaman15 Offline

Thanks to everyone who replied so far! In the first day, I managed to put together the bare bones starting cabin:

[Image: amnesia1.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[Image: amnesia2.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If someone wants to help with the decorating, they are more than welcome. I've got some good scares in mind >Big Grin

07-29-2011, 05:04 AM
Find