Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Hub Door Scripting
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
Level Hub Door Scripting

I'm still learning about scripting, but this is something I want to do. I'm still haven't looked into it yet. But I wana ask you guys before I waste my time and have to pay thousands of dollars in medical fees for banging my head against the wall.

So here how the idea goes.

1a) Their are 3 maps. Map 1 = Storage (Like a Level Hub), Map 2 = Outside, Map 3 = Castle.

1b) You go through a door in the Storage to the Outside. This is a puzzle place, and once you complete it all, you can go inside the castle.

2) If you decided to leave the castle, you will end up in the Storage. Which is fine. But if you decide to leave the Storage to go back to the Castle. You will skip the Outside because you have already done it and I don't wish to bore you with it again because its a long way.

If that makes sense. These are some other things id like to know

3) Is that sort of possible, I can see myself disabling the hub door at the Storage when you have completed the Outside and have entered the Castle atleast once. But the scripting needed to do all the whether you have completed this and that and etc... Seems a bit hard.

4) Should I just not do that. But make it so that once you go into the Castle you cannot return until you have completed the objectives, and then I gave u another path to take to return to the Storage. I would rather give the player the flexibility to go back and forth, but then again that can be confusing to a player if they get lost in the Castle and are coming back to the Storage to figure out what to do. I wish to have a complex system of items needed from different maps to complete the overall story (Storage has about 5 different maps you can go to). But this just might be a big hassle of you guys running around to one map, going back to another one. Then to another one, instead of obtaining the items needed from all 5 maps to use on the final objective.
07-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Find