Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Wiimote Penumbra Script 1.0 BETA
Flameo Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Wiimote Penumbra Script 1.0 BETA

Hey, I'm a total newbie on the forums as you can see.. But I've been keeping my eye on the game for ages lol. Anyway.
I think the Wiimote on Penumbra would be awesome, but it does not seem to work for me? =(
I've got everything connected properly because I use the Wiimote on Hl2 and stuff.
But when I load this script in GlovePie and then run it while opening Penumbra:Overture, It just acts like its not even there?
Anyone have an idea on what I'm doing wrong?
06-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Find
Ploddish Offline

Threads: 3

Grayda Wrote:
ziggystardust Wrote:The physics and interaction in this game are pretty original and interesting and with the wiimote, the decent history and the very nice engine of this game... It all makes a perfect experience.

Congrats for the first chapter (this is my first message here), you guys should think seriously on a wii release of the chapters of this game. It's the perfect plataform for your idea and It's a GREAT idea and concept.

The Wii would make a great platform, however you have to remember that the Wii isn't as powerful as a PS3, and the SDK (Software Developers Kit) is miiiighty expensive, or maybe not even available to such "third party" developers such as Frictional Games.

Hmm, I dont quite think so any more...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6248780.stm

It appears it's *going* to be possible... and apparently cheaply...*looks to dev's with puppy eyes*
06-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Find
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

hey just out of intrest is there any more movement on this wii remote for Penumbra

you know you can make a senser bar just out of 2 LED lights or hell can even use candles if you need to
10-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Find
death_au Offline

Threads: 0

Sepai Wrote:hey just out of intrest is there any more movement on this wii remote for Penumbra

you know you can make a senser bar just out of 2 LED lights or hell can even use candles if you need to

I also don't have a sensor bar... I hopefully will be rectifying that soonish. But until then, I have a script that involves the nunchuk.
You can attack if you have a weapon equipped by holding B and swinging the wiimote around. It needs some work, though.
I think it would work slightly better with some IR controls.

Feel free to tweak it. And if you get the weapon swinging working well, let me know.
12-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Find