Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Harvest (Working Title)
Phoroneus Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Modeling Question and Voice Actors Wanted

(08-03-2011, 11:49 AM)DRedshot Wrote: Nice, those look really good, could you maybe help me out with how you made the textures, that's something i'm really bad at, thanks!

Such as where did you get them from? and how do you make specular/normal stuff? do you just save the texture then put filters on it, and paint over it? I've tried making my own textures before, but i couldn't find any good ones, and i didn't know how to get details, such as the screws on the lightbulb. I've always ended up using Frictional Games' textures, so im limited to making older models (I don't have penumbra) . Thanks again,
The fine detail is all done by hand, just grabbing and moving individual vertices. I'm sure there's a faster way to do most of the stuff, I just haven't figured it out yet (only been using Blender for about three days now).

Most of the textures came from cgtextures.com, like the rusty light bulb base and the wood for the sign. The green wood I used for the shamrock is just the "wood" material with two shades of green, which sufficed for a painted wood appearance. The sign text is made up of actual brushes attached to the sign itself, not just a texture. Blender includes a "Text" option that lets you make them pretty easily.

There are options in the materials and textures menus to set up reflection, refraction, and transparency (or translucency). I'm still working on partial transparency (it's not as intuitive as I thought) for hair for one of the NPC models, seen here:
WARNING: The following images may be NSFW and are not intended for minors. I have censored them "just in case" but don't come whining to me if your poor virgin eyes get deflowered.
Spoiler below!
[Image: 24yssxk.png]
[Image: 1zmgshv.png]
I'm still working on the hair and I have a lot to do on the body texture, but it's a start.

[Image: at_9365860.png]

Follow Harvest.
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2011, 07:27 PM by Phoroneus.)
08-03-2011, 07:00 PM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

RE: Ideas and Voice Actors Wanted

Ok, about the change to the title: I'd like to get some ideas as to what people consider to be the most evil thing a human being can conceivably do. Keep it small-scale, slightly less than apocalyptic, and something that can be conveyed in a custom story*. I have a few pretty dastardly (seriously, they're despicable) ideas of my own, but I'm hoping that someone is more evil than I am.

Remember:
-Small scale
-Not the end of the world
-Something that can be rendered in a 3d environment
-I was going to list some examples but I imagine you're all pretty well full of ideas already
-Wacky hijinks "evil" is not what I am seeking - those should be referred to 1-800-SCOOBY-DOO
-Does not need to be period- or genre-specific to Amnesia or any other time or game.

*Edit:
To clarify, the ideas may not be used specifically or as-is in the story, but I want to get a feel for where people's moral boundaries lie.

...So I can cross them. As many as possible. Repeatedly.

Follow Harvest.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2011, 06:23 AM by Phoroneus.)
08-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

RE: Harvest (Working Title)

Harvest is now up on ModDB:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/harvest

News and media will be posted there in the future, though I'll do my best to keep the OP of this thread updated as well.

Follow Harvest.
08-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67

You've deflowered my eyes! Did you do that model work yourself? Looks great. I also like how methodical (to use a word I saw elsewhere, just because it makes me look smart) you are. Keep up the work and good luck with everything.

08-06-2011, 01:36 AM
Find
Phoroneus Offline

(08-06-2011, 01:36 AM)palistov Wrote: You've deflowered my eyes! Did you do that model work yourself? Looks great. I also like how methodical (to use a word I saw elsewhere, just because it makes me look smart) you are. Keep up the work and good luck with everything.

Sorry about your eyes. I warned you though. Big Grin

I can't take all the credit for the models, since I based them off of a MakeHuman (separate modeling program) design, and that's where the original skin came from. Unfortunately MakeHuman doesn't support posing and doesn't really do hair either, so I ended up making several sections from scratch or heavily modifying the MakeHuman mesh. I do highly recommend using MakeHuman for faces and hands/feet, though, since they're a pain.

Thanks for the well wishes, too. Smile

Follow Harvest.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2011, 02:33 AM by Phoroneus.)
08-06-2011, 02:33 AM
Find