Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lots of weird crashing and errors
convolution223 Offline

Threads: 15
lots of weird crashing and errors

When I test my custom story in full screen with all the settings and resolution completely maxed out, certain parts of models don't appear, collisions don't work (I can walk through certain things), certain things don't load, etc.

So I've been testing in a smaller resolution, windowed, but then it said that there was a problem with a graphics card and exited the game. I thought that maybe it was because I hadn't touched the mouse in a few minutes and the computer was trying to go to sleep and encountered some sort of error. But after testing today I noticed my computer kept quitting internet explorer and then I saw a blue screen saying something but before I could read it, the computer restarted.

God I hope this isn't a huge problem.

Is it that I have a lot of timers that go on infinitely? Like ones for generating pathnodes that add time to themselves, and random noise ones that also add time to themselves? I never get rid of those, but I do change maps a lot, if that matters.

I'm almost done making my custom story and i want to know if anyone else has been having this problem making their stories, or is it my computer, or something i did?
08-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: lots of weird crashing and errors

(08-01-2011, 08:43 AM)convolution223 Wrote: or is it my computer, or something i did?
I would say it is one of these two. This forum really isn't the place to talk about this. Blue screens can occur for whatever reason (e.g. faulty hardware; faulty drivers; et cetera).

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Website Find