Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[Vista] Menu freeze
ALT Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: [Vista] Menu freeze

Try to set audio setting to software (not hardware) and check again. It's help me with freezing.
06-06-2007, 05:49 PM
Find
Emon Offline

Threads: 0

I'm already using software.

I can't narrow this down to any specific options in the game. Setting the graphics to low then back to high seems to, I don't know, reset something in the driver or related configuration. It doesn't seem to be a problem with Penumbra itself.

I'm just getting used to playing without ever going to the menu.
06-07-2007, 03:21 AM
Find
smalltime
Unregistered

Ihh...no way. I've tried everything said up here but nothing works.
06-29-2007, 11:56 PM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Have you tried with the latest patch?
http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/66/

and also you can try to go to My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode1 and open the settings.cfg file in wordpad/notepad. Locate the setting UseThreading and change True to False.
06-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Website Find
smalltime
Unregistered

jens Wrote:Have you tried with the latest patch?
http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/66/

and also you can try to go to My Documents/Penumbra Overture/Episode1 and open the settings.cfg file in wordpad/notepad. Locate the setting UseThreading and change True to False.
The patch is installed already. And i've tried what you said, but it didnt work neither. But i figured out something else. When the game runs smoothly, and fps was high enough to play (above 30), nothing happens. When i use that green light stuff, it crashes. But we cant say if you have new age system, everything will be ok, lots of guys are complaining about same problem.

Under all technical problem (not much as stalker, thank god), you game is awasome. I'll be waiting for Episode 2.
06-30-2007, 09:42 AM
Rowland Offline

Threads: 0

smalltime Wrote:When the game runs smoothly, and fps was high enough to play (above 30), nothing happens. When i use that green light stuff, it crashes.

Yes, that is true! I have the same problem!
07-27-2007, 07:13 PM
Website Find