Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant get lang file to work
Degtyarev Offline

Threads: 1
Cant get lang file to work

I hope I put this thread in the right place haha.

Well, basically I want to show Amnesia to my parents but they aren't very good at English so I thought instead of sitting there explaining everything I could translate the essentials of the game (hints and the interface) to our native language. I copy pasted base_english and renamed it properly. I translated some of the stuff in it and then saved it in UTF-8 without Bom and I also made the proper entry at the bottom of the file so I can select the language.

In the launcher I select the language but nothing happens, even at the main menu nothing is changed.

I am really new to Amnesia and all that surrounds it so I don't know this stuff.

Any ideas?
08-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Cant get lang file to work

Did you translate the English.lang too?

08-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Website Find
Degtyarev Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Cant get lang file to work

No I didn't but that's because I didn't think it was needed as all the hints and interface stuff is in the base_english.lang. I didn't even translate everything inside of the base_english.lang. Do I need to translate both the documents completely for it to work?

Also I tried another approach, instead of copying base_english.lang and renaming it to base_swedish.lang I copied what I had written in base_swedish.lang and pasted it into base_english.lang but that made what I had translated not show up at all, it was blank instead of English. I suspect something with the fonts and special characters (å, ä and ö) but I don't know haha

PS I tried googling for a Swedish translation of Amnesia but didn't find anything so I took it upon myself to translate it. If there is one, please, do tell where to find it Smile

EDIT: I got it working now! I didn't know about the Language editor that you could download so I just used Notepad++ Tongue But it works when I use the LangTool. Close thread or whatever Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2011, 05:08 PM by Degtyarev.)
08-02-2011, 03:18 PM
Find