Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some scripts
danthaman15 Offline

Threads: 15
Need some scripts

I need some scripts for my new story:

The Unforgiven

Here's what I need so far:

1. A script that has a player looking at the ceiling, reacting to thunder outside (not an insanity event) and having a small message appear

2. The player starts in front of a fireplace, and the story fades in to start, so a script that prevents the player from moving would be good

3. A script that has the player suddenly wake up from a black screen and look around startled (they were having a dream)

Thats all I need for now. If anyone wants to help, let me know, and I'll go into more detail. I'm trying to learn scripting a bit along the way. Thanks again!

[Image: at_1768110.png]
08-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32
RE: Need some scripts

(08-02-2011, 05:58 AM)danthaman15 Wrote: 1. A script that has a player looking at the ceiling, reacting to thunder outside (not an insanity event) and having a small message appear

2. The player starts in front of a fireplace, and the story fades in to start, so a script that prevents the player from moving would be good

3. A script that has the player suddenly wake up from a black screen and look around startled (they were having a dream)
I will reference the function names that are basically required for you for each bit (not necessarily in the order they're in).

1. StartPlayerLookAt(); StopPlayerLookAt(); SetMessage(); StartEffectFlash(); PlaySoundAtEntity() for the lightning; AddTimer() for longer stares and (or) stopping (and starting) the lightning effects.

2. FadeOut(); FadeIn(); SetPlayerActive(); AddTimer() to enable player after a short period of time has passed.

3. StartPlayerLookAt(); StopPlayerLookAt(); FadeOut(); FadeIn(); MovePlayerHeadPos(); FadePlayerRollTo(); PlaySoundAtEntity() for the possibly heavy breathing; AddTimer() for increasing the time between each action.

The definitions and descriptions of these functions can be found here. More functions can be found there in case i missed some.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Website Find