Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
To Give Is To Force
AlexRobillard Offline

Threads: 5
RE: To Give Is To Force

I had problems getting the map to work, its good now but the footage was still delayed.

08-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

convolution223
ok man, that was scary one.Wink

btw, at the end of Video Part 2 (youtube) there are some missing moment: when you falling into big red stomach(or what?), nothing happens for a long time, while suddenly appears water monster and only then i can continue.

sorry, but some puzzles (spiders and my own blood) - seems like stupidBig Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2011, 10:10 PM by Dark Knight.)
08-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Find
convolution223 Offline

Threads: 15

(08-11-2011, 10:09 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: convolution223
ok man, that was scary one.Wink

btw, at the end of Video Part 2 (youtube) there are some missing moment: when you falling into big red stomach(or what?), nothing happens for a long time, while suddenly appears water monster and only then i can continue.

sorry, but some puzzles (spiders and my own blood) - seems like stupidBig Grin

Thanks! Smile and i kinda liked that that part was missing in the video, it keeps the tension alive for the player who sees the video before playing, since the player doesn't necessarily need to do anything in that part to progress. it's all about tension and suspense.

as for the spider, that's more from some dreams i remember having. I probably could have fit it into the story better (maybe in a sequel if i get around to it). and the blood, well,
Spoiler below!
suicide is a major theme in this Custom Story and it's one of the main interpretations I wanted to suggest. Like in the ending, did he jump? Or did he fall? Did he kill himself? etc.
08-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

I made a let's play of me playing through your custom story blind. The scariest part was in hallways.

I liked the custom story, but the ending was quite lame and it was more freaky than scary (for an expection the hallway map).
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2011, 04:55 PM by Arvuti.)
08-12-2011, 04:55 PM
Find
NyteMyre Offline

I always appreciate it if there has been some editing to the monsters.
The monster with the custom sounds was very very creepy... that gave me a good bunch of goosebumps

08-15-2011, 02:47 AM
Find
badfollower Offline

Threads: 0

Short but pretty amazing, all the tracks and sound effects were spot on!
08-15-2011, 02:53 AM
Find
madkeim Offline

Threads: 1

(08-15-2011, 02:47 AM)NyteMyre Wrote: I always appreciate it if there has been some editing to the monsters.
The monster with the custom sounds was very very creepy... that gave me a good bunch of goosebumps

"I can see you" Big Grin

My souncloud page : http://soundcloud.com/madkeim
08-15-2011, 02:58 AM
Find
convolution223 Offline

Threads: 15

(08-15-2011, 02:47 AM)NyteMyre Wrote: I always appreciate it if there has been some editing to the monsters.

Big Grin Thank you! I'm glad that the extra time and effort I put into learning the model editor and making sound effects payed off.
(08-15-2011, 02:53 AM)badfollower Wrote: Short but pretty amazing, all the tracks and sound effects were spot on!

Thanks! Making this Custom Story really showed me how important sound was to video games. I mean, I always knew it was important, but when I see my friends testing the game and a single sound effect makes them jump, well that's like heaven for me.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2011, 03:10 AM by convolution223.)
08-15-2011, 03:08 AM
Find
Cryaotic Offline

Threads: 13

I actually quite enjoyed this custom story!

Spoiler below!
I found it to be very unique and I thought the pretense was something that has never been done before. The use of custom sounds as has been stated was a definite welcome, as people seem to always under appreciate new audio-centered goodies that catch them off-guard.

The monster spawning definitely surprised me at points and I do believe a mild heart-attack was had - the ending was a tad confusing but I found it to be a fair one.

All in all I hope you continue making custom stories! I look forward to see what else you can do. :]

08-15-2011, 04:34 AM
Find
NyteMyre Offline

I can agree with Cry about the ending...
....actually the whole story....

Although it's not very uncommon for me to not get the story of games, especially when it's kept vague on purpose or have open endings where you can imagine your own ending.

btw:
Spoiler below!

The room with the long spiral staircase and the hanging chandeliers was jawbreakingly beautiful to see

-edit-
btw, no I rewatched Cry's playtrough.... where do you use the key for btw?
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2011, 08:06 PM by NyteMyre.)
08-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Find