Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
To Give Is To Force
convolution223 Offline

Threads: 15
To Give Is To Force

It's finally out! Carve out a human heart, drain pus from boils, and much more, all in To Give Is To Force.

You can download it here.

And when you're done, please write a comment, or post a reply here saying what you liked/didn't like, and if it scared you or made you think (both of the latter would certainly be desirable). I am studying Interactive Entertainment at USC so any feedback would be much appreciated.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2011, 04:00 AM by convolution223.)
08-04-2011, 03:59 AM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64
RE: To Give Is To Force

(08-04-2011, 03:59 AM)convolution223 Wrote: It's finally out! Carve out a human heart, drain pus from boils, and much more, all in To Give Is To Force.

And when you're done, please write a comment, or post a reply here saying what you liked/didn't like, and if it scared you or made you think (both of the latter would certainly be desirable). I am studying Interactive Entertainment at USC so any feedback would be much appreciated.

Wow this was good, many puzzles and finding items. Shortly feedback It was awesome and some ways Unique! Keep them coming ! Wink

“Life is a game, play it”
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2011, 12:30 PM by HumiliatioN.)
08-04-2011, 12:30 PM
Find
convolution223 Offline

(08-04-2011, 12:30 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 03:59 AM)convolution223 Wrote: It's finally out! Carve out a human heart, drain pus from boils, and much more, all in To Give Is To Force.

Wow this was good, many puzzles and finding items. Shortly feedback It was awesome and some ways Unique! Keep them coming ! Wink

THANK YOU! Big Grin All of my hard work was worth it to hear that
08-04-2011, 04:14 PM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

damn, that was hard story.

so, where i can find 3 spiders legs?
just have a jar and heart from body..
too many puzzles.
anfd where my own blood?

btw, 3 justine monsters at once - freaky amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
08-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Find
Biohazard Offline

Threads: 0

What do I do after I use the pus on the altar? I suppose that I should find the spider legs but where are those?

Great story so far though.

[That custom text you put in when you die was a nice addition] Smile
08-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Find
convolution223 Offline

(08-04-2011, 08:13 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: damn, that was hard story.

so, where i can find 3 spiders legs?
just have a jar and heart from body..
too many puzzles.
anfd where my own blood?

btw, 3 justine monsters at once - freaky amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly, thank you!

Secondly, your blood is the last offering (it's called the "Seal of Sacrifice" since it acts as a seal, as if your blood is the wax sealing a letter or a note, but I've said too much). And if you're still hung up on that bit with the blood:
Spoiler below!
After giving the other items, click the blade on the altar

It seems you don't have the pus either, though (the spider legs, I'll get to below since it seems a couple people are having trouble finding them).

General tip for those playing To Give Is To Force:
Certain areas can, and do, change. Revisit places you've been to uncover new things.

I'll make a walkthrough just in case people are still stuck though.
(08-05-2011, 12:37 AM)Biohazard Wrote: What do I do after I use the pus on the altar? I suppose that I should find the spider legs but where are those?

Great story so far though.

[That custom text you put in when you die was a nice addition] Smile

Thank you! Check out the general tip I posted above, but if you still can't find them:
Spoiler below!
Go back through the door labeled "Tunnelling Honesty". Yes, you've been here before, but if you recall, there was a spiderweb on the wall in the hallway Wink
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2011, 02:29 AM by convolution223.)
08-05-2011, 02:21 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Extremely unique story you have created, some of the areas were beautifully designed especially the hub. The Justine monster chases were absolutely terrifying, I hate it and love it when they are included in custom stories if that makes sense Tongue

This story had it all, great atmosphere, scares, puzzles, areas etc.

To sum up this story in one word, it would be: Unique.

Can't wait to see what you release next Big Grin

[Image: 29069he.gif]
08-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Find
MasaMainio Offline

Threads: 2

This is a pretty good story. I just got through the suitor chase, in witch I died about 6 times... but it really is a good one.

It also seems that I either didn't find a lantern or you didn't put one in.

Still I like the story and I'll complete it soon.
08-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Find
Biohazard Offline

I completed the story and what I must say is that I loved it, the puzzles were great.

Although, a thing I didn't like was some of the monsters just spawned out of nowhere, and there was no "hint"

Also what was the monster that chased you in the hallway to the altar? It had some really creepy sounds, really freaked me out.

I didn't like though that there wasn't many areas, there were alot of backtracking, but you added some scares, so that was nice Smile

Also during the Justine chase, I tried to run back but unfortunately I died, and then the second time I went into the hallway, he spawned behind me, which terrified me, I don't know if it was intentional. Just think you should know
08-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Find
Mr. Bombastic Offline

Threads: 6

I hate the placenment of the monsters.. Also there are too much of them.
That made me rage quit Tongue
08-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Find